Ski options for day trips on Thanksgiving Weekend

Ski2Live Live2Ski

I don't think 3 is so bad with only 1 small trail open. I am not going to ski that for 4 hours. Sat and Sun will be more crowded and more expensive.

Have you ever skied BB?  Ever gone on opening day?  Do you know what the average age of the typical patron of BB is?  Its probably 21.  

Lets break this down a little.  1.  Its the only game in town.  2.  Opening Friday, when every college, and high school student has off.  3. (15) cans on Friday = free lift ticket when taken from moms kitchen.  4. The roads will be clear, so every lowered Honda or Mitsubishi with a huge ass wing on the back will be able to navigate the PA roadway system.  

so, i think, the average patron of BB with $25 in his pocket, takes 15 cans taken from moms kitchen to BB Friday, then stops on his way home after shredding the gnar that is Freedom, to buy $15 worth of vape stuff, or an oversized hoody from the gift shop.  This could seriously impact his ability to come up with the $25 required to again shred the gnar at BB on Saturday.  

I can be completely off base on this, but i dont think my logic is too far off.  I know there have been some opening days at BB where the crowds were not quite what we are used to, but those were mid-week openings, not around a holiday.  

Just remember, after waiting in the line to drop off your 45 cans, you then get in line for the slowest lift ever.  

Dont let this deter you from going on Friday, the canned food thing is a great cause.  Just dont put it in your mind that this wont be a shit show.  Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.  

• Like 6

Have you ever skied BB? Ever gone on opening day? Do you know what the average age of the typical patron of BB is? Its probably 21.

Lets break this down a little. 1. Its the only game in town. 2. Opening Friday, when every college, and high school student has off. 3. (15) cans on Friday = free lift ticket when taken from moms kitchen. 4. The roads will be clear, so every lowered Honda or Mitsubishi with a huge ass wing on the back will be able to navigate the PA roadway system.

so, i think, the average patron of BB with $25 in his pocket, takes 15 cans taken from moms kitchen to BB Friday, then stops on his way home after shredding the gnar that is Freedom, to buy $15 worth of vape stuff, or an oversized hoody from the gift shop. This could seriously impact his ability to come up with the $25 required to again shred the gnar at BB on Saturday.

I can be completely off base on this, but i dont think my logic is too far off. I know there have been some opening days at BB where the crowds were not quite what we are used to, but those were mid-week openings, not around a holiday.

Just remember, after waiting in the line to drop off your 45 cans, you then get in line for the slowest lift ever.

Dont let this deter you from going on Friday, the canned food thing is a great cause. Just dont put it in your mind that this wont be a shit show. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

You are 100% correct.

Actually, they stop at boulder view and get tanked off 3 pbr's them puke on your front wheel in the parking lot. True Story.

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

Ok, admittedly have never been to an opening day at BB and this is giving me pause. Could easily do Sat if folks thing it will be much better. Just jonesing.

Saturday morning will be empty. Boulder never seems to be crowded before 2 pm

• Like 1

Have you ever skied BB? Ever gone on opening day? Do you know what the average age of the typical patron of BB is? Its probably 21.

Lets break this down a little. 1. Its the only game in town. 2. Opening Friday, when every college, and high school student has off. 3. (15) cans on Friday = free lift ticket when taken from moms kitchen. 4. The roads will be clear, so every lowered Honda or Mitsubishi with a huge ass wing on the back will be able to navigate the PA roadway system.

so, i think, the average patron of BB with $25 in his pocket, takes 15 cans taken from moms kitchen to BB Friday, then stops on his way home after shredding the gnar that is Freedom, to buy $15 worth of vape stuff, or an oversized hoody from the gift shop. This could seriously impact his ability to come up with the $25 required to again shred the gnar at BB on Saturday.

I can be completely off base on this, but i dont think my logic is too far off. I know there have been some opening days at BB where the crowds were not quite what we are used to, but those were mid-week openings, not around a holiday.

Dont let this deter you from going on Friday, the canned food thing is a great cause. Just dont put it in your mind that this wont be a shit show. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

Sound advice

Less areas.

Unfortunately this is true.  If you believe in somewhat long range forecasts, it appears as though after the weekend, there are some really nice consistent overnight temps for snowmaking.   Blowing 2-3 days a week to is going to get them no where.   

not sure if you are serious or not, but i really dont wanna drive all the way to elk this weekend.  BB sucks but that slip ramp makes the drive equal to my drive to Blue

Less people on the slopes then.

i am kidding.  i dont see much going on this weekend.  Except figuring out where the water dripping out of my kitchen ceiling is coming from.