Free vtmark or Rental car rates out west

theprogram4

This is the best I've found so far for a week in April for a Hyundai Santa Fe..post-512-0-39077400-1487048202_thumb.png

The new body style is sick on the Santa Fe. Might have to cruise around Boulder and Breckenridge for the ladies. Wooooo

I just checked Budget  - i got a Ford Edge using coupon code R524190, for $494.  Feel free to use it.  i found it on the internet.  You could also try Autoslash.com, fill out their form with when, where, what, and they will email you #'s from several car companies.  

Rental car prices are all over the map for some reason.  Book, re-book, then book again.  you will get that down a bunch i bet, and get into an SUV.

Thanks Dan good advice right there.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Carrentalsavers.com is a great site that aggregates discounts and coupon codes. The SmartBook feature is usually pretty good at finding the best discount that's available to anyone. You can sometimes do better with discounts that aren't available to everyone like Costco, BJs etc, but it's usually pretty good.

I don't know what your dates are, but I assumed renting at HDN and plugged the 10th to the 18th in noon to noon and got $497 at Budget for an Intermediate SUV, Ford Escape or similar. Although I guess that's only 8 days, so it would be a little higher.

I have a standard SUV for 6 days through Advantage rent a car for $368 for next week. My moms car isn't AWD and I like to have something decent in case it snows. Not really apples to apples though because everything is cheap in Albuquerque.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since rental car rates out west is the title of this discussion, I have a question. Staying in SLC, I wasn't going to rent a car, as the public transportation sounds pretty good. Then I thought I want to do a couple days hiking instead of skiing. I can rent a front wheel drive mid size sedan for $200 the whole week. Think that will work out? I did request chains.

Since rental car rates out west is the title of this discussion, I have a question. Staying in SLC, I wasn't going to rent a car, as the public transportation sounds pretty good. Then I thought I want to do a couple days hiking instead of skiing. I can rent a front wheel drive mid size sedan for $200 the whole week. Think that will work out? I did request chains.

That will work out if it doesn't snow.

I already got like 1/4 of my work done for today and am bored so looked up rental car rates in Salt Lake City March 7-14 on Orbitz. $300ish for a midsize SUV for a week is a bargain. A lot more convenience having a rental car vs taking buses everyday to the resorts and can see more stuff. Do you drive an AWD vehicle here? I just like it better in snow for piece of mind. I have no idea how to use or handle chains.

post-512-0-48604000-1487340892_thumb.png

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Yes, I have AWD. Also have great tires. Had absolutely no trouble getting to Blue in the snow 1st thing in the morning last week. I am going to keep looking at rental cars, maybe small SUV. I feel even if it has AWD or 4 wheel drive, tires make a huge difference. I'm sure they don't put great tires on rentals.

Yes, I have AWD. Also have great tires. Had absolutely no trouble getting to Blue in the snow 1st thing in the morning last week. I am going to keep looking at rental cars, maybe small SUV. I feel even if it has AWD or 4 wheel drive, tires make a huge difference. I'm sure they don't put great tires on rentals.

It's just the basic factory tires. That's what I have on my Subaru. Most rental cars are under a year old so tires typically not an issue.

your subie looks like a honda accord.

Well thanks. Honda accords are nice looking cars and more expensive than imprezas.

subaru customers always spend so much time telling me how great subaru's are and how all american brands suck.  im thinking "what are you doing here then?"

What American brands come with all wheel drive standard.