Closed tomorrow 2/26

Check out Montage's facebook page.  Some extra special kind of douche bag posted how mad he was at Montage for not being able to accommodate his day of skiing after he traveled 3.5 hrs to get there, unknowing of the situation yesterday.  He felt that the power company should have raced to the mountain to fix the 2 downed poles he saw at the bottom of the drive.  I mean, the ski resort is more important than however many homes are without power for sure.  He says he will never come back to Montage again. Imagine how much fun this guy would have been if he was out in Jackson Hole 3 weeks ago. 

Now, dont you think if this asshole drove 3.5 hrs to get to Montage, theres are real good chance he basically drove past like 2 other mountains on his way there?  

It sort of sounds like they have some pretty decent damage other than just the power being out.  

• Like 2

Was in the area this morning early... the mountain got torn up pretty good.. a confirmed tornado hit, if not them, pretty dammned close. Seems as though they ended the season as of last night as the damage is too severe to repair quickly as there are power lines down all over the region and damage to infrastructure.

Was in the area this morning early... the mountain got torn up pretty good.. a confirmed tornado hit, if not them, pretty dammned close. Seems as though they ended the season as of last night as the damage is too severe to repair quickly as there are power lines down all over the region and damage to infrastructure.

Their post last night made it sound like they were hopeful for this weekend? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Their post last night made it sound like they were hopeful for this weekend? Not sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stand corrected...I'm on a chat page with the lift department and it does seem that they are aiming to re-open Friday...in this case I'm glad I was wrong but then again I should know better than to believe anything the paper prints about the mountain from past experiences.  Here's hoping they pull it off.

• Like 4

I stand corrected...I'm on a chat page with the lift department and it does seem that they are aiming to re-open Friday...in this case I'm glad I was wrong but then again I should know better than to believe anything the paper prints about the mountain from past experiences.  Here's hoping they pull it off.

Thanks for starting rumors KCSki....how has your ski season been.

I like Facebook.

Enjorales told me they were in pretty rough shape there the other day.

They looked pretty thin in a lot of areas. Lots of brown coming up through the snow in spots. Only two trails officially closed per the trail report that day, but there were a few others where most of the trail was closed but you could access a bit of it off another trail so they were listed as open. A lot of the trails didn't look like they had much base from looking at the edges of the snowpack. The Long Haul was running and it was about a 12" hop to get off the lift.

I didn't ski Smoke, Boomer or White Lightning, they looked pretty good from the lifts. Maybe they could keep the rest of the terrain open by narrowing the trails, but it really looked like it was going to be a limp into the finish for them and there's been a lot of temp and a lot of rain between then and now. It also looked pretty obvious that they hadn't made snow the last few chances they had, so I assume they won't in next weeks (hopeful) window.

We had a hella good time, and I'm glad we got it when we did. I'll be back next season for sure. Don't think I can squeeze another day in this year but would if it were possible to support them as said above. Especially as a Scranton native.