Photo
- - - - -

Tent sales

Best Answer GSSucks , Yesterday, 05:02 PM

No. PASR volunteers. We need to keep costs down to keep the beer that Jeff provides free.

I was talking to Jeff the other night, he said that PASR will be supplying all the beer for the lot, for the entire season. He is such a nice young man. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts
  • Home Mtn: JFBB

Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:36 AM

I cant find where Guitar put the other dates for tent sales, so in its own thread it will go.  Blues is the last weekend in October. Some firm dates here, rather than Toasts very broad and unspecific "its in the fall".  

https://www.facebook...?type=3

I think i will probably go, went last year and they had a lot of stuff, and also a huge crowd.  Get there for first register.  

Make sure you get all your powder gear tuned up and stuff.  La nina year.  everybody gets snow!!!!!

• GrilledSteezeSandwich and guitar73 like this

Sent from a payphone with a pocketful of dimes.

#2 skifreak

skifreak

Bronze Medalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue Mountain

Posted 09 October 2017 - 11:28 AM

Drove by Buckmans in whitehall on Friday night. They had a tent set up in the parking lot. According to their site theirs starts this Wednesday October 11th-14th. They also have another November 8th-11th.

https://www.buckmans...-Tent-Sale.aspx

• guitar73 likes this

I don't ski any more and just hang around here for the entertainment and to post mainly worthless things.

#3 SallyCat

SallyCat

Making Turns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:13 PM

Remember, if you drop stuff off at Buckmans and it sells you get store credit, not cash. 

• guitar73 likes this

Formerly "SweetPlanks."

#4 NMSKI

NMSKI

Super-G Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue MT, Ski Santa Fe, TSV

Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Just dropped off some old stuff to consign at the buckmans in Exton (formerly wicks). I’m trying to rack up the gift cards so I can get a pair of new goggles this year and maybe some other odds and ends.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • theprogram4 and guitar73 like this

#5 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Remember, if you drop stuff off at Buckmans and it sells you get store credit, not cash. 

I think thats about true for everywhere.  i think i read at 940 snowboards it was 90% value of what it sold for in credit.  

Drove by Buckmans in whitehall on Friday night. They had a tent set up in the parking lot. According to their site theirs starts this Wednesday October 11th-14th. They also have another November 8th-11th.

https://www.buckmans...-Tent-Sale.aspx

I think i have something to do in KOP on Wednesday at about 10 am.  or, at least i am going to make it appear as though i have something to do in KOP at 10 am on Wednesday.  

• skifreak and guitar73 like this

#6 SallyCat

SallyCat

Making Turns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:52 PM

I think thats about true for everywhere.  i think i read at 940 snowboards it was 90% value of what it sold for in credit.  

Good to know. If I sell everything I dropped off, Imma get a nice Swix iron and a lifetime supply of wax. 

• guitar73 likes this

Formerly "SweetPlanks."

#7 moe ghoul

moe ghoul

Silent..but shredly.

• PASR Supporter
  • 4,810 posts
  • Home Mtn: Smuggs

Posted 09 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

I/m dropping off some ski pants, jackets and x-country stuff I don't use anymore tomorrow.

• guitar73 likes this

#8 guitar73

guitar73

Super-G Racer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts
  • Home Mtn: Blue Mtn & Bear Creek

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:43 AM

thanks JFskiDan for starting a separate thread.  I was too lazy, lol.  here is the link to my OP.

https://www.paskiand...8-thread/page-5

I'm headed down to KOP buckmans this afternoon to drop off some fleece pullovers.  I was at alpina's sale on sunday and it was crazy busy. 

life's too short to not ski.

#9 moe ghoul

moe ghoul

Silent..but shredly.

• PASR Supporter
  • 4,810 posts
  • Home Mtn: Smuggs

Posted 10 October 2017 - 03:12 PM

Wadda shitshow, I ended up helping the guy label my stuff just to GTFOutta there. 11 items. Good thing is, what doesn'r sell this week can be held for another tent sale in November. (KOP)

• guitar73 likes this

#10 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Dammit.  i totally forgot i had something to do in King Of Prussia at 10 am today.  Totally got sidetracked.  Basically drove right past the place at 10 am too.  

#11 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 51,320 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 01:31 PM

Dammit.  i totally forgot i had something to do in King Of Prussia at 10 am today.  Totally got sidetracked.  Basically drove right past the place at 10 am too.

Wow just wow. I'm giving you two dings for that Ding Ding.

#12 SallyCat

SallyCat

Making Turns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Whitehall Buckmans at 5-ish today was pretty underwhelming. Someone bought my skis, though, so yay!

Formerly "SweetPlanks."

#13 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 51,320 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:15 PM

Whitehall Buckmans at 5-ish today was pretty underwhelming. Someone bought my skis, though, so yay!

The skis you were trying to sell here? How much did you get for them? Were there many people there? In the nestors days people would line up for an hour before the tent sale.

#14 SallyCat

SallyCat

Making Turns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

The skis you were trying to sell here? How much did you get for them? Were there many people there? In the nestors days people would line up for an hour before the tent sale.

Different skis, the Soul Riders sold on Ebay and a pair of ON3P twin tips sold at Buckmans. I went a little bonkers when I first started back skiing and bought a couple things I didn't end up using. Live and learn. I still love demo-ing because I can't get over how amazing skis are now compared to 30 years ago. Don't need to do any more purchasing for a long while, though. 

Formerly "SweetPlanks."

#15 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 51,320 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:27 PM

Different skis, the Soul Riders sold on Ebay and a pair of ON3P twin tips sold at Buckmans. I went a little bonkers when I first started back skiing and bought a couple things I didn't end up using. Live and learn. I still love demo-ing because I can't get over how amazing skis are now compared to 30 years ago. Don't need to do any more purchasing for a long while, though.

Wow you love gear. I actually haven't bought new skis in four years. I'm long overdue. At one point I had 8 pairs of skis some going back a decade + but when I moved two years ago I threw them all out except my mantras and shirts since I didn't use any of the others anymore.

#16 SallyCat

SallyCat

Making Turns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 06:39 PM

Wow you love gear. I actually haven't bought new skis in four years. I'm long overdue. At one point I had 8 pairs of skis some going back a decade + but when I moved two years ago I threw them all out except my mantras and shirts since I didn't use any of the others anymore.

I had a little financial midlife crisis over the past couple of years. I never did any expensive sports or anything until I started MTB and skiing recently, and I was like "Fuck it, I'm old and don't have much time left to enjoy this, I'm getting nice stuff!!" And so I did. But now I don't need any more stuff, just time to enjoy it. 

• NMSKI likes this

Formerly "SweetPlanks."

#17 GrilledSteezeSandwich

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 51,320 posts

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:23 PM

I had a little financial midlife crisis over the past couple of years. I never did any expensive sports or anything until I started MTB and skiing recently, and I was like "Fuck it, I'm old and don't have much time left to enjoy this, I'm getting nice stuff!!" And so I did. But now I don't need any more stuff, just time to enjoy it.

Gotcha...most of my disposable income goes to ski trips out west, local bars and restaurants. I'm sort of averse to shopping. I had the same gloves for like 7-8 years and finally got a new pair in Jackson hole two years ago which are already falling apart. I've had two pairs of ski pants in the last 11 years..also same helmet last 12 years that every year I swear I'll replace..get a new jacket about every four years, new goggles most years sometimes two pairs..boots about every 3-4'years..socks every year and under armor every year except my one gray upper body one I've had the better part of a decade. Purple polo I wear most ski days as a mid layer still going strong after four years..a little faded and some grease stains.
  • SallyCat likes this

#18 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:08 AM

Nothing spectacular at KOP today either.  Lots and lots of Salamon x drives i think they were from last year.  

#19 theprogram4

theprogram4

Gold Medalist

• Members
  • 13,590 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 05:52 PM

In buck mans parking lot. Didn't find anything in the tent, but still got 20% off. Got heavy duty 686 jacket and pants, plus burton gloves for under $400. I was expecting to be over $600

#20 JFskiDan

JFskiDan

hammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:24 PM

Going to Blue's tent sale Sat.  Probably lay out the pad for the PASR ski shack while i am there.  

• mbike-ski and toast21602 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users