Montage making snow

jeff

1 minute ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

You walk down the steps from the lot/north face area to get those things. 

Do you not generally remove your skis and walk a few steps to get those things?

I just think that would be a deterrent in opening the north face only...usually people ski up to a lodge.  I don't think an early opening has ever been an interest for Montage but luckily they should be open next weekend. 

A few years ago they attempted to have a small shack (pretty much exactly what the PASR shack would be) with ticket windows on it right in the parking lot next to the snow at the Phoebe Snow lift. There was a small fire pit, some benches and I think they might have had some light snacks and hot chocolate for sale. They were trying to cater to the guys that wanted to just boot up and head right down Smoke or Boomer, but that idea and the shack were ditched along with the Moose a number of years ago. 

Good idea in theory, but realistically I don't think there are enough non passholders that want to completely avoid the main lodge that bad to warrant having it there. 

Just now, guitar73 said:

still blowing snow.  production looks kind of marginal, but it looks like they have been moving some of the snow around (probably to cover the waterpark area I assume.  temps look good this week for significant snow making though.

They should have a couple runs open for this weekend. 

2 hours ago, guitar73 said:

8 trails, 5 lifts. they will have TTB skiing as well. and probably not 30-minute long lift lines, lol!

I swear I've been the only person on the mountain there a few times when night skiing during the week. It's a lot of fun.

From their FB: "For Opening Day the trail count is at 8 with 5 lifts... we've got Limited, Mainline, Whistler, Cannonball, Boomer, Connection, Doc's Way, Nordic trails with Short Haul, Shuttle, Iron Horse, Phoebe Snow and Lesson Carpet lifts spinning!"

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
6 hours ago, guitar73 said:

Def a good trail, but the bumps really make that trail a good one. Lazy mile at blue is probably the best trail open right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better than main street?

well, gss might prefer main street to lazy....figure 11's the whole way!  ;)

47 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Lazy is too slow unless the snow is almost perfect, Main st has better consistent pitch to make turns.

def love the consistent pitch of main street, but it's just a straight shot. lazy, switchback, and nmdw have a nice routing down the hill, which I enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1