Friday at Blue

zzslope

This was my situation at about 4 pm. Watching this was entertaining. There are 3 cars kind of at the top of the hill that were passing each other as one would kind of get stuck then the car behind would go into the other lane and then get stuck right in front of the car it just passed. Luckily no traffic was comng the other way for what ever reason. Its just the right amount of snow to make the roads really slick, at the worst time. Someone could just make a fortune teaching people how to drive in the snow. 

8F2A9177-5B30-4FCA-94B8-CCCA4BFD832E.thumb.jpeg.9a37633ec840c8e1e76a92e6a9977631.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

And for the future Blue reports should go in the Blue mountain forum and ZZslope already started a report thread so you can add this post to that.  If I had mod powers I'd merge the two threads. 

Great idea 👍. We have the technology to do this. 

I skied from 9 to 5 Friday; the snow was perfectly timed: it improved conditions just as they were beginning to deteriorate in places. Lower Main was nice and chalky early on, then as the chalk got scraped off it was a little sketchy in patches. Even though it wasn't a huge accumulation, it provided a nice top layer. 

The last left turn on Lazy had like a ten-yard patch of sheer ice to contend with; the snow actually didn't help that at all, but it was fine as there's not much pitch there so you could just slide it out. 

Crowds were thin all day, and downright sparse by about 3-5. I never waited on a line and alternated between the double and the six, because it really didn't make much difference as far as terrain access. and the double lets you ski the very top of MS, which was in awesome condition (all of MS was sweet all day except the bottom part getting  a little scrapey). 

A well-timed personal day from work. 

Enjoy the weekend.

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, SallyCat said:

I skied from 9 to 5 Friday; the snow was perfectly timed: it improved conditions just as they were beginning to deteriorate in places. Lower Main was nice and chalky early on, then as the chalk got scraped off it was a little sketchy in patches. Even though it wasn't a huge accumulation, it provided a nice top layer. 

The last left turn on Lazy had like a ten-yard patch of sheer ice to contend with; the snow actually didn't help that at all, but it was fine as there's not much pitch there so you could just slide it out. 

Crowds were thin all day, and downright sparse by about 3-5. I never waited on a line and alternated between the double and the six, because it really didn't make much difference as far as terrain access. and the double lets you ski the very top of MS, which was in awesome condition (all of MS was sweet all day except the bottom part getting  a little scrapey). 

A well-timed personal day from work. 

Enjoy the weekend.

Nice report..I personally like skiing the full lazy mile and the hard left handed is spicy...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice report..I personally like skiing the full lazy mile and the hard left handed is spicy...

It's almost banked on the outside, like a mountain-bike berm. I thought about ripping into the berm and riding it around, but then imagined ski patrol trying to extricate my old ass from the trees. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCat said:

It's almost banked on the outside, like a mountain-bike berm. I thought about ripping into the berm and riding it around, but then imagined ski patrol trying to extricate my old ass from the trees. 

That's the only way I ski it.  Same with the sharp turns on burma. Wednesday night one run there were a few snowboarder picnicking a.20'feet after that turn. 

• Like 1