12-27...some guy parked in my pee

Shadows

19 minutes ago, indiggio said:

We saw all the footprints in the snow right up there and thought someone poached the area, but when we looked at it more, we could see the toboggan tracks going down and all the footprints in the area.

I wondered what all the footprints were from. that is a very long drop.

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

were you at Blue today??

Yes. Hayata and I were standing behind you guys waiting for first chair. He was wearing a red coat and I had a yellow coat on. I thought ROTD was main street, lazy was good but lost points for the snow guns being on. Paradise was decent. Burma had good conditions as well, on occasion we like to play "human slalom course" around the floundering beginners but when we skied it today, we had it to ourselves. At about 10:30 I skied razors and wow it was really cookied up, so next run I ran challenge for comparison, no cookies but getting icy. Sidewinder had good snow but they need to fill the sides the rest of the way in, hayata accidentally got off on the side because he couldn't see the edge. Great day overall, should be back tomorrow.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Yes. Hayata and I were standing behind you guys waiting for first chair. He was wearing a red coat and I had a yellow coat on. I thought ROTD was main street, lazy was good but lost points for the snow guns being on. Paradise was decent. Burma had good conditions as well, on occasion we like to play "human slalom course" around the floundering beginners but when we skied it today, we had it to ourselves. At about 10:30 I skied razors and wow it was really cookied up, so next run I ran challenge for comparison, no cookies but getting icy. Sidewinder had good snow but they need to fill the sides the rest of the way in, hayata accidentally got off on the side because he couldn't see the edge. Great day overall, should be back tomorrow.

Main Street was the best Trail today,Snow was very good.They do need to put something on that corner on Sidewinder or someone(me)lol could get hurt.The Mountain is Really taking shape Quickly.Total Props to Blue.Should be Great tomorrow.

1 hour ago, zzslope said:

Yeah sidewinder is kind of narrow..I never skied razors as I knew it would be rough as it just opened..

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You need to get an everyday pass for next season...buying just one holiday ticket cancels out almost all the difference in price between midweek and all days season passes.  

I honestly dont think the cold scares scares away that many people. This is cold but not brutal cold...people are set onngoong a certain day and they go. Maybe just a few more people in the lodge and a few less on the slopes. 

Probably will buy everyday pass for next year. Try to reserve weekends for hikes, family stuff. Plus I work one weekend a month. I guess I'm getting anxious to see everything open. This is also my favorite weather to skis in. 

I honestly dont think the cold scares scares away that many people. This is cold but not brutal cold...people are set onngoong a certain day and they go. Maybe just a few more people in the lodge and a few less on the slopes. 

Agree that the cold doesn't thin crowds as much as it seems it should; it was -9 when I arrived at Pico today and only got up to 6 by the afternoon. The snow was great and nobody seemed bothered by the cold. I had to bite the bullet and buy some serious down-filled mittens because I was getting frost nip in my gloves, but other than that it was great skiing and a perfectly comfortable day. Tomorrow might be a different story, though: there's a wicked wind chill forecast (25 below). I'll head to Okemo for the heated bubble chairs for sure.

Just now, momskeeztoo said:

Probably will buy everyday pass for next year. Try to reserve weekends for hikes, family stuff. Plus I work one weekend a month. I guess I'm getting anxious to see everything open. This is also my favorite weather to skis in. 

My favorite weather to ski in is this order..

#1. Rider of the storm day..

#2. Bluebird pow day..right after a storm but some stuff left natural

#3. True spring day 55+ degrees..mashed potatoes soft bumps

#4. Mad goldilocks..that perfect 35 degrees where it's just so comfortable out and the snow is soft and fast. 

#5 Day like today..cold and good snow

#6 Skiing in the rain

#7 After a freeze when the snow is bulletproof..

#8 skiing in sleet and freezing rain. 

#9 not skiing 

• Like 1

My favorite weather to ski in is this order..

#1. Rider of the storm day..

#2. Bluebird pow day..right after a storm but some stuff left natural

#3. True spring day 55+ degrees..mashed potatoes soft bumps

#4. Mad goldilocks..that perfect 35 degrees where it's just so comfortable out and the snow is soft and fast. 

#5 Day like today..cold and good snow

#6 Skiing in the rain

#7 After a freeze when the snow is bulletproof..

#8 skiing in sleet and freezing rain. 

#9 not skiing 

Wow, that list is pretty specific. I never actually tried skiing in the rain before, that sounds miserable. Do you wear a black garbage bag or something? I've gotten stuck in downpours so many times on my bike, and it's no fun even if it's a warm rain.

2 hours ago, saltyant said:

Wow, that list is pretty specific. I never actually tried skiing in the rain before, that sounds miserable. Do you wear a black garbage bag or something? I've gotten stuck in downpours so many times on my bike, and it's no fun even if it's a warm rain.

No I get wet...its just water and it's not like you're in the wilderness.  Matt edge was ripping and grinding with GSSucks and Justo the other day in the rain and he said the snow was badass!!!  

5 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

No I get wet...its just water and it's not like you're in the wilderness.  Matt edge was ripping and grinding with GSSucks and Justo the other day in the rain and he said the snow was badass!!!  

Yeah, don't believe him. It gets miserable real fast, and you can't see a thing in your mask from the very first moment.

Also don't forget that the lifts here aren't covered so whenever you're not skiing, you're just soaking.

Edited by eaf

45 minutes ago, eaf said:

Yeah, don't believe him. It gets miserable real fast, and you can't see a thing in your mask from the very first moment.

Also don't forget that the lifts here aren't covered so whenever you're not skiing, you're just soaking.

Yeah, I don't think I would ski in the rain even if I had a non-refundable lift ticket only good for that day. Rain is a major reason I switched from glasses to contacts because I could not see anything wearing glasses while biking in a rainstorm.