12/28..coldest day so far..nice snow..

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All

I'm back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. After a exciting night of karaoke with singing, dancing, drinking and having a chick who's step dad is two years older than me saying she loved me I was bright eyed and bushy tailed when my alarm went off at 545AM. Went back to sleep for 17 minutes and then got up..stopped at Mickey Dees drive thru on the way up for sausage biscuit, hash brown and apple juice..$4.60 but I earned 4.6 United airlines points  

Arrived in lower lot at 7:25AM in the house were Slim, Indiggio, JFBBDan, PARidge, TP4, Nastar Glenn and the Asian invasian.  Temperature was around 8 degrees at boot up thirty and there was also a moderate wind from northwest making it feel below zero...first civilian chair and I began with challenge which was nice cord and sidewinder which was good as well followed by a sidewinder repeat  Main Street was the run of the day super silky up top and pleasent on the bottom..lazy mile also had super nice snow  

Paradise was nice but a lot of people on it and Razors edge was firm not terrible will be prime by the weekend. They are still blowing snow on Switchback, Central Park, nightmare to dream weaver and Widowmaker was apparently open today according to TP4. I skied until 10:05am got in exactly 14 runs..toes were a little frozen..and had beer and JFDans famous holiday cookies in the lot. Two different kinds..the temperature was still in the low teens when I left at 1045am and there was a massive flow on NY and NJ peeps entering the lower lot. I stopped off at work on the way back to take in the mail and put together checks for a deposit and now making some familiar microwave spaghetti and meat sauce and adding a few chunks of salami for stoke..

ill be back the next four mornings same time same place..JADIP

This morning was fun but cold as hell. 0 degrees when I left this am while rocking out to the Go Go's. Snow was really good and the new sidewinder is the shit which I'm officially putting in my top 3 favorite trails at Blue behind NMDW and Switchback. Didn't necessarily want to leave but after almost 2 hours my toes were numb. Still fun. Will be back tomorrow am. 329cd1cec3ff256ca2135eb732cc8d3a.jpgebbebeb16bec879df9641bf7008908c5.jpgd721baaeddae7c17a73671bbe5ed9614.jpg

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

This morning was fun but cold as hell. 0 degrees when I left this am while rocking out to the Go Go's. Snow was really good and the new sidewinder is the shit which I'm officially putting in my top 3 favorite trails at Blue behind NMDW and Switchback. Didn't necessarily want to leave but after almost 2 hours my toes were numb. Still fun. Will be back tomorrow am. 329cd1cec3ff256ca2135eb732cc8d3a.jpg

Nice.  24 mpg. 

Cold cold today.  Sidewinder is sweet.  razors is better today.  The cold is tough, but the snow is nice.  need to get used to it for a little while here.  While in line for the 6, a guy went pond skimming.  somehow went off the front of the platform while trying to get on the lift.  Saw some camo today.  Probably more tomorrow.    

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Arrived in lower lot at 7:25AM in the house were Slim, Indiggio, JFBBDan, PARidge, TP4, Nastar Glenn and the Asian invasian. 

Add ZZslope and Hayata to that list. We were on the second six pack chair. We attempted to say hello to GSS in the six pack line shortly before 10am but he ignored us. Blue is really looking good, they have even blown snow in the glades, Great job blue. The piles on nightmare were massive. Widow maker was open with first day solid conditions but will improve like everything else has. Paradise was very busy today, lots of beginners, it looked like an oversized Burma, someone called it Burma East. They could have used some line management in the high speed lift lines the last 2 days. Real good day.

• Like 1

Nice.  24 mpg. 
Cold cold today.  Sidewinder is sweet.  razors is better today.  The cold is tough, but the snow is nice.  need to get used to it for a little while here.  While in line for the 6, a guy went pond skimming.  somehow went off the front of the platform while trying to get on the lift.  Saw some camo today.  Probably more tomorrow.    
I can usually get it up to 27.9 mpg

Another Great Day at Blue COLD, But the Snow was Nice.Got to the Valley at 7;05 Just me and the cleaning Lady.There were rental ski's laying on the ground and in the racks and poles in the snow.Never saw that before. Paradise Sidewinder Lazy and Main were all Excellent, nice Snow Razor and Challenge a little stiff and got a little chuncky but not bad,First run on widow today ,Top was Good bottom was hard and crusty,.Saw a Guy take the Headwall on Razor and Down he went and went and went again,,entertaining..Blue has done an outstanding job getting the Mountain in Tip Top shape

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:
3 hours ago, JFskiDan said:
Nice.  24 mpg. 

I can usually get it up to 27.9 mpg

Went to chester today in the astro. Used a full tank. 27 gallons. Get 20 to the gallon or so. My v8 ford gets better usually

Main street still had the best snow yesterday, unfortunately the groomers obliterated the spines and created a ton of snow boulders.
Outside of Midway had some pretty good snow from prior day's blowing.

When I left around 2pm due to frozen toes (WJW was it cold today), the 6 pack lines were full and people waiting outside the gates.  The quad was much better.  Loser lifts even had lines.

There were a few people at the BBQ truck waiting in line, but the other truck was vacant.

• Like 1