Powder Day 2018 Mega Thread

saltyant

10 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Long John Silvers and Joe's Crab Shack are not apples to apples.  What do you usually get at Joe's Crab Shack?  This last summer I got lobster at least 6-7 times..it was awesome.

I get the whole lobster with eyes and everything, with cajun seasoning. The pot usually comes with red potatoes, corn, shrimp, and some other tasty items. It's too bad the King of Prussia Joe's Crab Shack closed recently. The only other one I know of in PA is in Pittsburgh. I used to like Red Lobster too but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Bonefish Grill is a lot better.

Edited by saltyant

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Ugh I hate Long John Silvers. Joe's Crab Shack is the best seafood around.

The best seafood around is at the Keyport Fishery in Keyport, NJ. Is there a lot of fresh seafood brought into the marinas in Wilkes Barre?

4 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

The best seafood around is at the Keyport Fishery in Keyport, NJ. Is there a lot of fresh seafood brought into the marinas in Wilkes Barre?

Idk. You're asking a guy who was looking for a Red Lobster in Providence, RI. 

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I get the whole lobster with eyes and everything, with cajun seasoning. The pot usually comes with red potatoes, corn, shrimp, and some other tasty items. It's too bad the King of Prussia Joe's Crab Shack closed recently. The only other one I know of in PA is in Pittsburgh. I used to like Red Lobster too but it just doesn't do it for me anymore. Bonefish Grill is a lot better.

I call bonefish bonerfish...I also prefer getting seafood from non chains. If I went to red lobster I'd get the ultimate feast which is a lobster tail, snow crab legs, shrimp scampi and fried shrimp or I'd get a whole lobster.  

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I call bonefish bonerfish...I also prefer getting seafood from non chains. If I went to red lobster I'd get the ultimate feast which is a lobster tail, snow crab legs, shrimp scampi and fried shrimp or I'd get a whole lobster.  

I still haven't figured out how to eat crab legs. Can't ever get any meat out of the damn things and my hands just get messy.

This thread is great!! 18 replies and only 1 of those is actually about powder.

Since we're on the topic of food, I will mention that I had to refill my own Mountain Dews by going behind the counter, hence the tag "free refills". I was so annoyed that I didn't leave a tip because i didn't have a waiter or waitress, except to bring me the bill. It was 3 pm so it's not like they were busy.

Edited by saltyant

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I still haven't figured out how to eat crab legs. Can't ever get any meat out of the damn things and my hands just get messy.

Gotta stick with the king crab legs.  They aren't cheap but a lot more meat than snow crab legs..my friend gets them from Costco...each one is about a pound.  Salty do you eat the green insides of a lobster?  I do...

• Confused 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Gotta stick with the king crab legs.  They aren't cheap but a lot more meat than snow crab legs..my friend gets them from Costco...each one is about a pound.  Salty do you eat the green insides of a lobster?  I do...

Nah man that's disgusting. 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

This thread is great!! 18 replies and only 1 of those is actually about powder.

Since we're on the topic of food, I will mention that I had to refill my own Mountain Dews by going behind the counter, hence the tag "free refills". I was so annoyed that I didn't leave a tip because i didn't have a waiter or waitress, except to bring me the bill. It was 3 pm so it's not like they were busy.

Wow they didn't see your empty glass...at some diners they bring me a refill when I have like 1/3 of my drink left.  Those ladies know how to get a good tip but if I give too much then they get more than just the tip yuk yuk yuk

• Confused 1