8 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwichI just paid $36 for a small tuna bowl and coke at the Alpine Hall bar in the Spruce area. It was delicious. I'm becoming a big spender, maybe I should have waited for a McDonalds for something on the dollar menu to save a few bucks.

Way to get after it..do you like seafood better than steak?

9 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Staying at Best Western in Waterbury. I am pretty much a regular there for Stowe trips. Paying $180/nt (split two ways) with hot tub and free breakfast 30 min from mt and 30 min from Burlington to go out at nt.

(Edit - I just saw Salty made same call - nice!)

I'm doing the B-Dubb in in Lake Placid in March. 1 something a night (can't remember)...split one way.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

I skied one last run on Perry Merrill. WTGAI. I was gonna drive home but stuck on the gondola parking lot access road. IDK WTF is going on

Thats a long drive home. Things are definitely getting sketchy out this way with roads and ice so be careful if you actually do come home tonight. It is legit slick out there. The 3rd worst kind of slick. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Thats a long drive home. Things are definitely getting sketchy out this way with roads and ice so be careful if you actually do come home tonight. It is legit slick out there. The 3rd worst kind of slick. 

I changed my mind. Haven't moved in 30 minutes lol. I'll find a room in Burlington. Thanks for your concern. In 2018 you wrote fingers crossed when i said i might get buried in the Perder at Stowe, wow you've come around

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I changed my mind. Haven't moved in 30 minutes lol. I'll find a room in Burlington. Thanks for your concern. In 2018 you wrote fingers crossed when i said i might get buried in the Perder at Stowe, wow you've come around

Keep us updated!!!  I guess you won’t be back at Blue until Sunday.  Ski you then. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Underneath the lookout double is rad.

The raceteam had that run today. It looks pretty gnarly with large rocks and whatnot. At least they gave us plebs Main Street, but I didn't run it anyway because Upper Smugglers was more funnerer. I also did Spruce Line which is under the Sensation Quad. They call that a double black but it would probably be a green circle at Jackson Hole.

Edited by saltyant

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The raceteam had that run today. It looks pretty gnarly with large rocks and whatnot. At least they gave us plebs Main Street, but I didn't run it anyway because Upper Smugglers was more funnerer. I also did Spruce Line which is under the Sensation Quad. They call that a double black but it would probably be a green circle at Jackson Hole.

Probably be a Blue at Jackson hole.  Salty it’s days like these where being a skier is extra rad..are you in Burlington? 

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Correct, found a Fairfield Inn near Williston after about a two hour drive.

Williston is very nice..a lot of chain stores there.  Did you know billboards are not allowed in Vermont? Fairfield Inn sounds nice.  I was looking at hotels for Silverthorne and there’s a nice one that accepts my united airlines points and parking is $20 a day at the hotel..crazy places are starting to charge for parking.  

• Like 1

Parked at Toll House 50' from lift at 9am. Had no lines sticking to Spruce Peak (easier to take breaks there as windchill early in day were sub zero) through 1pm Sun with beautiful snow cover on trails and woods. After lunch much warmer had about 7 min line for Gondola then no line for last run off Forerunner Quad back down to Toll House, winding through woods whenever possible. 

Friend snapped those photos showing me in trees on Spruce Peak. Back for more today through Wed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only lost $75 Frontier mile restocking fee canceling on Vail. There were about no rooms in Stowe but plenty in Burlington and glad to get BW in Watetbury which I have stayed at several times now.

Breakfast even beats Hampton Inn.

Net savings about $550-600 each between no airport parking, cheaper hotel, no car rental, free breakfast. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Only lost $75 Frontier mile restocking fee canceling on Vail. There were about no rooms in Stowe but plenty in Burlington and glad to get BW in Watetbury which I have stayed at several times now.

Breakfast even beats Hampton Inn.

Net savings about $550-600 each between no airport parking, cheaper hotel, no car rental, free breakfast. 

Thanks for the analysis. AND you probably got better snow here anyway. Always a win.

• Like 2