When power goes off and brakes don't work

eaf

16 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

This video is way better quality than the one on facespace.  I love the noise the chairs make as they pile onto each other.

Yeah, plenty of comments there about how the sound is almost like a soundtrack from Final Destination. It looks like initially the lift was moving slowly and some people actually made it through the turn and started going back up. Then it sped up, a chair got stuck, and the massacre began.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The pond right at the very bottom of the six pack..I bet Ski2Live will be up there after the ski season is over with a metal detecter looking for quarters. 

Nah. Me and Ski2Live saw $1 at the bottom of the Burma lift last Sunday, and neither of us sprinted for it. Ski2Live said he would have if it was a five. Yesterday I found one dollar in the Wal-Mart parking lot and spent it on 10 for 1 candy at Five Below.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Nah. Me and Ski2Live saw $1 at the bottom of the Burma lift last Sunday, and neither of us sprinted for it. Ski2Live said he would have if it was a five. Yesterday I found one dollar in the Wal-Mart parking lot and spent it on 10 for 1 candy at Five Below.

I'll sprint for a dollar if it's easy access..the last time I saw a $5 from the lift some kid got to it about 2 seconds before me..it was on Cum around. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Most people are pretty dim..sort of like people who stop at the top of an escalator.  

I don't think it's an issue of intelligence/dimness, but rather how good you are at very quickly assessing a situation under a lot of stress and uncertainty. Jumping off a chairlift is such a counter-intuitive thing to do, you'd have to fully understand what was happening to the chairs when they hit the bullwheel. If you're facing uphill and all you know is that you're moving backward, I think a reasonable person could conclude that the safest thing to do is stay on the chair. In part because not jumping off a chairlift is such an ingrained habit. And then by the time you realize you're wrong, it's too late. It's easy for us to watch with a bird's eye view and see people being dumb, but they didn't have all the information we have when we watch the vid. 

EDIT: Jesus, though, that last person in the red jacket. At that point people are yelling and you can hear the chairs smashing. That was hard to watch.

Edited by SallyCat
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

At least we'll know what to do in the event it does happen.

Yes.  that is the take away from this.  I think it proves that staying on to go around the bull wheel in hopes "something good will happen", doesnt work out well.  

that video is hard to watch.  Cant wish that shit on anybody.