PA Cannabis Legalization Thread

indiggio

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Speaking as a resident of Vermont, where the state says it's legal to grow and share within certain weight limits and it's ubiquitous and generally socially-accepted: you still need to be careful about drug testing at work and federal laws and such.

I just took a job across the border in NH and had to go through a 12-panel drug test. Their policy stated that they abide by federal law, regardless of the laws in the state where you live. So if I'd tested positive for marijuana (whew) I would have been denied the job. It can be easy to get a little complacent when you live somewhere where it's legal, so just an fyi.

• Like 1

Just now, momskeeztoo said:

Can’t believe they still ding people for pot. 

It’s a misdemeanor in almost all of PA for possession of less than an ounce or paraphernalia.  That’s part of the reason I got my medical card.  The main reason is it was a pain buying on the black market and the dispensary weed is fire...I had bronchitis two years ago and I really think it was from black market dank vape carts. 

10 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It’s a misdemeanor in almost all of PA for possession of less than an ounce or paraphernalia.  That’s part of the reason I got my medical card.  The main reason is it was a pain buying on the black market and the dispensary weed is fire...I had bronchitis two years ago and I really think it was from black market dank vape carts. 

How much more is it to buy from a dispensary vs the black market? 

Speaking as a resident of Vermont, where the state says it's legal to grow and share within certain weight limits and it's ubiquitous and generally socially-accepted: you still need to be careful about drug testing at work and federal laws and such.
I just took a job across the border in NH and had to go through a 12-panel drug test. Their policy stated that they abide by federal law, regardless of the laws in the state where you live. So if I'd tested positive for marijuana (whew) I would have been denied the job. It can be easy to get a little complacent when you live somewhere where it's legal, so just an fyi.

Only for the hiring process correct? Or do they continually test?

It’s surprising how many places around here have dropped drug testing during the labor shortage.
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Only for the hiring process correct? Or do they continually test?

Correct, though if you transfer to a different position within the same medical center, you apparently have to go through the whole screening process again. ☹️