New Trail - Scarab

saltyant

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Way to get after it.  Do they still have a slopeside taco stand at Camelback?  

Do you think you'll get off work March 4 to ski Camelback? If you're able to I'll conduct vigorous research to determine if said taco stand is still slopeside.

Value Pass looks like a decent deal. Seems to be valid Mon-Fri even during holiday periods, 3 PM isnt too late a start, and weekends are available starting March 1 in 2019 and 2020. 3 of those passes would cost just over half of what 3 Blue passes would cost us.  

Not sold yet, but more tempting than the Blue offer.

Even 3 Super passes would cost us only $100 more than 3 Blue passes, given cheaper rates for kids.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 hours ago, eaf said:

New season pass prices are out. And up. $299 for an adult Value Pass this year. :(

I applaud the authenticity of the picture, but couldn't they have picked a better background? Need to learn from Blue here.

Screen Shot 2019-02-15 at 7.21.43 AM.png

That’s neat that you can see the water slide.  What’s with 29 year olds being considered a child.  I blame Obama.  Charge the same for all.  No price discrimination. 

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Value Pass looks like a decent deal. Seems to be valid Mon-Fri even during holiday periods, 3 PM isnt too late a start, and weekends are available starting March 1 in 2019 and 2020. 3 of those passes would cost just over half of what 3 Blue passes would cost us.  

Not sold yet, but more tempting than the Blue offer.

Even 3 Super passes would cost us only $100 more than 3 Blue passes, given cheaper rates for kids.

If you’re going to become a camelback season passholder you need to put some skin in the game and I don’t see it happening. 

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Is that the normal pass or value pass

Value Pass, which is pretty flexible being good every day in March/April, even on holiday Mon-Fris, and at 3 PM other weekends. $700 for 3 of us.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

1 hour ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Value Pass, which is pretty flexible being good every day in March/April, even on holiday Mon-Fris, and at 3 PM other weekends. $700 for 3 of us.

Yeah but the 3pm on most weekends seems like a deal breaker. I thought you ski mostly weekend mornings/early afternoons. 

45 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yeah but the 3pm on most weekends seems like a deal breaker. I thought you ski mostly weekend mornings/early afternoons. 

I mostly ski mornings at Blue because crowds there bite in the afternoon. Especially as far a drive I have and the effort it takes to get out with kids, shifting to afternoon wouldnt be too bad. 

I'm not sold on this yet, still considering doing the PS&R cards next year and then a pass the following one, and still waiting to see what Peak and Montage offer. But it is more viable for me than Blue deal and more appealing than MC.

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You must have the patience of a saint. I would never get a pass at a mountain without a high-speed lift unless there were no other options.

If I got the Peak pass I would be at Hunter at least as often as JF and would take a few trips to their New England Mts instead of going put west.

Montage I just stick on the Northface where there is never a line, and I am haplier spending the extra minutes on the lift than spending them in line. 

• Like 1

When you've got a pass at Montage you don't have to worry about getting your runs in before the hoards descend upon the place on the weekends so you don't mind putting in a 4 hour session with the slower lifts. Not to mention you can explore a lot more and I'm sure the guys who went to Elk know what I'm talking about here, there's something to be said to know you're the only one around and it's nice and quiet. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

CB has another new trail opening next week, a TTB tight twisty double black under the lift next to Rocket where the Alpine Slide used to be. 

Baselisk

Surprising with a new trail is a nice contrast to announcing one is coming soon 5 years in advance

Double black???  Whoa......let us know how it is.