Day 2...November 24th...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, momskeeztoo said:

Did it have a manual choke and 3 speed on the column?

Automatic.  I have only driven one car that was 3 on the tree.  

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Was it from the 70s?

73 Jeep pickup.  It was a tank.  rode like a tank, and consumed gas like a tank.  It might have gotten 10 mpg on the highway.  4 wheel drive worked well though.  

18 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Automatic.  I have only driven one car that was 3 on the tree.  

73 Jeep pickup.  It was a tank.  rode like a tank, and consumed gas like a tank.  It might have gotten 10 mpg on the highway.  4 wheel drive worked well though.  

What do you get on your current pickup for gas mileage??  Maybe 20mpg?  

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What do you get on your current pickup for gas mileage??  Maybe 20mpg?  

18.  which from what i am used to, is pretty good.  

Camaro gets about 15, which it really should do better than that. 

The Monte Carlo gets a shocking 17-18 on the highway, but around town its horrible.  

10 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

18.  which from what i am used to, is pretty good.  

Camaro gets about 15, which it really should do better than that. 

The Monte Carlo gets a shocking 17-18 on the highway, but around town its horrible.  

My old Subaru was getting almost 40mpg highway due to the CVT and the fact that I don’t speed. 

My 1.6l fiesta st got 27 mph highway on 93, the 2.7 in my F-150 has gotten around 20 so far. Oddly enough the 5.0 in the ford trucks has the same mpg rating as the 3.5 and 2.7 ecoboost motors. 

The 73 mustang gets about 8 mpg 😳

22 minutes ago, Kyle said:

My 1.6l fiesta st got 27 mph highway on 93, the 2.7 in my F-150 has gotten around 20 so far. Oddly enough the 5.0 in the ford trucks has the same mpg rating as the 3.5 and 2.7 ecoboost motors. 

Are fiestas pretty rare?  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a modern one. 

43 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What kind of car is an LTD?  Is that a crown Victoria?

Large ford sedan. I used to laugh at my youngest brother because he always insisted on driving huge gas hog caddys. That is until he got into a three car pile up on 202  and his car was the only one that could drive away. His car wadded the other two up like tin foil.

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Are fiestas pretty rare?  I don’t think I’ve ever seen a modern one. 

There aren’t a lot of ST model fiestas out there. I would call them “rare”, they just didn’t sell. They’re a great commuter car if you want something with a little bit of bite and don’t mind the small space. I hate having people in my car so it was an excuse to not drive anyone anywhere which was nice. 

It was was a GREAT autocross car though. 

1 hour ago, Kyle said:

From what i have been told about the ecoboost, is the minute you go to tow something, mpg's go in the toilet.  like more so than any naturally aspirated engine. 

9 minutes ago, zzslope said:

Large ford sedan. I used to laugh at my youngest brother because he always insisted on driving huge gas hog caddys. That is until he got into a three car pile up on 202  and his car was the only one that could drive away. His car wadded the other two up like tin foil.

A friend of mine looked at my Monte Carlo and said, "well, it clearly looks like you will win in any accident you get in."