Day 2...November 24th...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

16 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

From what i have been told about the ecoboost, is the minute you go to tow something, mpg's go in the toilet.  like more so than any naturally aspirated engine. 

My co-worker just got the 4 banger F150 as his daily driver.  He doesn't tow anything with it and is pretty happy with it overall. 

Edited by RootDKJ

3 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

My co-worker just got the 4 banger F150 as his daily driver.  He doesn't tow anything with it and is pretty happy with it overall. 

In Colorado I always rent a mid sized SUV like a Nissan Rogue or Hyundai Sante Fe and to try to upsell me they always ask if I’m going into the mountain.  I say yes and they say because the car is only four cylinders.  The one time they offered to upgrade me to an all wheel drive BMW but I didn’t want people to think I was a douchebag. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, RootDKJ said:

I think this is the target audience for that truck and engine combo.  2 salesman at work have them.  Nothing ever goes in the bed or on the hitch except their personal shit, on weekends.  They are both getting new Ram's shortly, not real sure why they arent going back with Ford, maybe they just want something new.  i think Ram is the up and coming truck though.  

There is now a diesel option for the F150 as well.  Havent heard anything awesome about it, and not sure who would by it.  

Edited by JFskiDan

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

I think this is the target audience for that truck and engine combo.  2 salesman at work have them.  Nothing ever goes in the bed or on the hitch except their personal shit, on weekends.  

There is now a diesel option for the F150 as well.  Havent heard anything awesome about it, and not sure who would by it.  

My oldest friend needs to tow a 7000 lb boat a few times a year.  He's looking at the GMC 1500 with the big diesel.  Impressive torque.   He'll also use it as a daily driver.

1 minute ago, RootDKJ said:

My oldest friend needs to tow a 7000 lb boat a few times a year.  He's looking at the GMC 1500 with the big diesel.  Impressive torque.   He'll also use it as a daily driver.

If they use the same duramax engine as the 2500's, thats a pretty good engine.  We have had 2 here that were run really hard, and still keep going with little maintenance, unlike the Ford diesels that just blow up at 120,000 miles.  

22 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

If they use the same duramax engine as the 2500's, thats a pretty good engine.  We have had 2 here that were run really hard, and still keep going with little maintenance, unlike the Ford diesels that just blow up at 120,000 miles.  

Of course he's going completely overboard with the Denali trim.  

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

From what i have been told about the ecoboost, is the minute you go to tow something, mpg's go in the toilet.  like more so than any naturally aspirated engine. 

Yup that’s exactly the case, the motor doesn’t make enough by itself and then it’s adding more fuel to keep up with the air/fuel ratio from the turbos pumping air in. The 5.0 does a little better mpg wise towing but not by much. If you’re pulling something regularly and for a distance, a diesel is the way to go. 

49 minutes ago, poconoceancity said:

The 2.7 ecoboost is a small V6

It is, but getting a truck was more about the space and 4wd than tow capacity. Only thing I would ever really need to tow is a utility trailer with a mower on it, and that’s not for a long distance at all. 

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

It is, but getting a truck was more about the space and 4wd than tow capacity. Only thing I would ever really need to tow is a utility trailer with a mower on it, and that’s not for a long distance at all. 

I know, I think someone said it was a 4 cylinder. That’s still a great engine and tows well. Check out the tests done on the fast lane in Colorado.

1 hour ago, poconoceancity said:

I know, I think someone said it was a 4 cylinder. That’s still a great engine and tows well. Check out the tests done on the fast lane in Colorado.

It’s a 6. Makes “325” bhp according to ford. I think it’s closer to 300-315. It’s a quick truck though. I like it better than my dads 5.4.... other than the lack of exhaust note. 

Edit: the 2018 2.7 might be a 4 cylinder. I’m not too sure on that. I have a 16. 

Edited by Kyle

32 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

My coworker had the 2.7 ecoboost (it's a TT V6)...it was pretty fast for a pickup truck, way faster than my other coworkers 4.6L in his slightly older F150.  The 3.5 ecoboost must be a pretty quick truck.

It’s faster than this, but sounds like an electric golf cart.

C06592FF-953E-4129-AFA9-32BA45F000C4.png