Groundhogs day at Blue mountain.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720Am..I had two degrees but others had a few degrees below zero. The upper entrance was 10 degrees mad inversion Yo.  In the house were Salty, JFDan, Schifdawg, ZZSlope, MBike Mike, PARidge Toast, Ryan, Mute, Johnny Law, Gary, Gary, Gary’s son, enjorales, GSSucks, TheRealKevinThomas and many more. 

I ended up on second civilian six pack at the start razors was closed for a race, nightmare to Dream Weaver closed for an event and Challenge they were still grooming.  Main Street first run was pretty nice but some minor cookies lower, Sidewinder was good snow but the rollers are mad technical I saw some wipeouts there.  By like 830 already a half full corral for the six pack..WTF..oh the quad was broke down.  

Skied switchback the most and it was so good as they didn’t blow on it so no cookies.  Lazy mile also super nice.  The line for the six pack got long so did two laps off the Main Street chair including midmaker and the chute.  The Glades are open Ski2Live get funky with it.  

I was in the lot from about 930-1020 had some beer the. Back out for a few more runs.  Challenge had 3D snow and switchback and lazy still great then in the lot again had some cheese balls with cheese balls and heady topper..all in all was a fun day despite some lift issues.  The best part of the day was getting to talk to Barb Green in the lot and making her laugh when I mentioned that she could use her employee discount on food lol. Ski everybody tomorrow should be very nice. 

D3DF1FE3-7AB6-42D6-9C16-DF2685AB2935.jpeg

32CE76F3-C46B-4DE2-93F8-D1B6909AB770.jpeg

04CF51C1-71F1-46C0-B28C-D29CFD238834.jpeg

346A1C86-D52E-42A4-B572-527651C3CF10.jpeg

• Like 7

Today may have been the first time i skied Widowmaker.  Snow was really nice on that trail.  Switch was awesome today.  Imagine if every trail had conditions like Switchback?  Imagine if the quad was running first thing?  Or maybe even by 9am?  Never seen a lift station move quite like what ever it was that happened to the main street chair.  Of course we all got on it though.  

• Like 1

Lol I'm still here, been skiing nonstop since going back out from the break. Made 20 runs total. The VIP line is amazing today, I never had to wait more than 1-2 minutes and the line for non passholders is the longest I've personally ever seen it.

Conditions are still decent; the top of Sidewinder is amazingly good still. The lower half is icy as hell. It appears someone got critically injured at the bottom of Sidewinder. It looked like he couldn't stop at the bottom of Sidewinder and fell down the embankment that goes to Lower Sidewinder (?). Hope he's ok, didnt look good.

20190202_140526.thumb.jpg.7df61dbfd94031a27f66cba891d0ca29.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun day at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 720Am..I had two degrees but others had a few degrees below zero. The upper entrance was 10 degrees mad inversion Yo.  In the house were Salty, JFDan, Schifdawg, ZZSlope, MBike Mike, PARidge Toast, Ryan, Mute, Johnny Law, Gary, Gary, Gary’s son, enjorales, GSSucks, TheRealKevinThomas and many more. 

I ended up on second civilian six pack at the start razors was closed for a race, nightmare to Dream Weaver closed for an event and Challenge they were still grooming.  Main Street first run was pretty nice but some minor cookies lower, Sidewinder was good snow but the rollers are mad technical I saw some wipeouts there.  By like 830 already a half full corral for the six pack..WTF..oh the quad was broke down.  

Skied switchback the most and it was so good as they didn’t blow on it so no cookies.  Lazy mile also super nice.  The line for the six pack got long so did two laps off the Main Street chair including midmaker and the chute.  The Glades are open Ski2Live get funky with it.  

I was in the lot from about 930-1020 had some beer the. Back out for a few more runs.  Challenge had 3D snow and switchback and lazy still great then in the lot again had some cheese balls with cheese balls and heady topper..all in all was a fun day despite some lift issues.  The best part of the day was getting to talk to Barb Green in the lot and making her laugh when I mentioned that she could use her employee discount on food lol. Ski everybody tomorrow should be very nice. 

D3DF1FE3-7AB6-42D6-9C16-DF2685AB2935.jpeg

32CE76F3-C46B-4DE2-93F8-D1B6909AB770.jpeg

04CF51C1-71F1-46C0-B28C-D29CFD238834.jpeg

346A1C86-D52E-42A4-B572-527651C3CF10.jpeg

Awesome pics. The quad being down was a bit of a damper, great day otherwise. 

Had a great morning there. Skied from 830-1200. Thought I’d see some of you guys in the parking lot when I finally left around 1230. Once the quad opened, we just used that, instead of 6 pack and got right up on the lift. Lazy, Sidewinder and Switchback rocked. Main Street not so much. Knew that would happen when I saw that huge whale at bottom of Main Street on the webcam this morning. 

• Like 1