gift cards

0mg

Just now, RidgeRacer said:

What do you expect when you sign up on a ski website, call yourself "gift cards" and try to turn a profit from the site members. Perhaps try eBay next time

well go on a ski website to get rid of ski gift cards and not trying to make a profit i worked there and when i left they gave me gift cards for what were called blue bucks.  Every hour i worked i got 50 cents and they taxed that money so a profit no im loosing money just trying to get rid of them 

51 minutes ago, giftcards said:

i worked there for 5 years i know all about that mountain and these gifts cards are good all year round and i paid taxes on this money they gave me gifts cards so what you dont understand is i paid taxes now i am giving it to someone for 10 percent less im loosing even more money.  If someone here would have a little respect i would appreciate it.  You want me to give you 500 dollars for free what is wrong with you seriously.  Todays world everyone wants everything for free its not different hear apparently.  These cards can be used for anything there and all year long so if you dont have a response with a legit offer dont post something please

You aren’t losing a penny. $1200 or whatever the value of the gift cards isn’t worth much to you since you don’t ski...if you sold them for $800 total or $200 per card that’s $800 you can spend on anything..pay your bills, hookers, blow maybe a Carnival cruise. 

We don’t give a fuck that you paid taxes on those gift cards.  That’s between you and your accountant. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, giftcards said:

well go on a ski website to get rid of ski gift cards and not trying to make a profit i worked there and when i left they gave me gift cards for what were called blue bucks.  Every hour i worked i got 50 cents and they taxed that money so a profit no im loosing money just trying to get rid of them 

$$$$>gift cards. Getting 65-70% of the value of the gift cards would be amazing. If I was in your shoes I’d be happy with 50%.  

My offer of $200 for one of them still stands. It’s a win win.  You get Johnny cash and I save $100 on my season pass

1 hour ago, giftcards said:

You’re not losing a red cent. First of all, what you have is a non-liquid asset. It’s worth exactly zero in real terms. It’s worth what someone will pay for it in cash-convertible terms, which is what you appear to want to do with it. You have gift cards with X value in future Blue Mountain goods and services on them. That doesn’t make them worth X. It doesn’t even make them worth X-Y, where Y is the difference in value you perceive you should get. They are worth what someone is willing to pay.

Second, you keep whining about how you paid taxes on them and are loosing (sic) money. Either you think we’re stupid, or you don’t know how taxes work. Okay, probably both. If you have gift cards with $1500 in value on them, you didn’t pay $1500 in taxes on those cards. Assuming you were in one of the highest tax brackets (hahahahah, unlikely) and paid about 30% on the “value” of those gift cards, you paid maybe $500 for them. So if I buy them from you for $1000, you are making a $500 profit. You aren’t losing anything. I’m not getting $500 free. I am purchasing from you, at a 100% markup, the ability to get a potential $300 discount on goods and services from Blue Mountain, not even the full $500 because as I stated above, the first 20% I don’t even count, as that deal can be had with enough patience. 

I don’t need your gift cards. I’m still sitting on almost a thousand dollars in Blue gift cards that I paid barely 50 cents on the dollar for. However, I’m still willing to honor my original, very civil and non-insulting offer, with a small modification; my spread has gone to 40 cents on the dollar from 33. That is, I am willing to purchase all that you have at 60 cents on the dollar. The education you just got costs something.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, enjoralas said:

You’re not losing a red cent. First of all, what you have is a non-liquid asset. It’s worth exactly zero in real terms. It’s worth what someone will pay for it in cash-convertible terms, which is what you appear to want to do with it. You have gift cards with X value in future Blue Mountain goods and services on them. That doesn’t make them worth X. It doesn’t even make them worth X-Y, where Y is the difference in value you perceive you should get. They are worth what someone is willing to pay.

Second, you keep whining about how you paid taxes on them and are loosing (sic) money. Either you think we’re stupid, or you don’t know how taxes work. Okay, probably both. If you have gift cards with $1500 in value on them, you didn’t pay $1500 in taxes on those cards. Assuming you were in one of the highest tax brackets (hahahahah, unlikely) and paid about 30% on the “value” of those gift cards, you paid maybe $500 for them. So if I buy them from you for $1000, you are making a $500 profit. You aren’t losing anything. I’m not getting $500 free. I am purchasing from you, at a 100% markup, the ability to get a potential $300 discount on goods and services from Blue Mountain, not even the full $500 because as I stated above, the first 20% I don’t even count, as that deal can be had with enough patience. 

I don’t need your gift cards. I’m still sitting on almost a thousand dollars in Blue gift cards that I paid barely 50 cents on the dollar for. However, I’m still willing to honor my original, very civil and non-insulting offer, with a small modification; my spread has gone to 40 cents on the dollar from 33. That is, I am willing to purchase all that you have at 60 cents on the dollar. The education you just got costs something.

one last thing you are a real stupid person if they would have given me cash i would have gotten 1500 dollars cash not 1000 cash so you are just stupid in your thinking.  Do like a lot of the workers up there and a lot of the people who ski and spoke some more pot and kill the rest of your brain cells

6 minutes ago, giftcards said:

one last thing you are a real stupid person if they would have given me cash i would have gotten 1500 dollars cash not 1000 cash so you are just stupid in your thinking.  Do like a lot of the workers up there and a lot of the people who ski and spoke some more pot and kill the rest of your brain cells

But they didn’t give you cash did they? 

• Like 1

Word of advice bud, take a look at your second post in this thread, phrase that differently and MAYBE this thread wouldn’t be where it’s at right now. If you’re selling a legitimate item that’s cool, nothing wrong with that, but without knowing what this board is like and then pulling out the “everyone’s an asshole card” isn’t going to help your case. 

If its “tangible money” that you earned per your hours worked that you had to pay INCOME tax on, why not take them to blue and have them give you cash for them? 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 2