2019-20 Skison Pass decision making

Ski2Live Live2Ski

The main differences with Ikon base

- a lot of Mts you only get 5 days at - including all the VT options. So we would basically get 5 days each at Killington, Sugarbush and Stratton and also ski out West on the pass.

- a lot of Mts have holiday black outs - including all the VT options. So it would force us to go to Rockies over winter break, and force us to pay for other lift tix MLK and Presidents weekends.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The best was the one hotel I stayed at near belleayre where they gave you a remote control at the front desk..The Delaware court motel could be in a horror movie..there’s probably mold there older than me.  Cheapest hotel I stayed at was a no name motel in Toledo Ohio it was like $22.99 a night..pimps and hoes all around..hard to take a date to chili’s for under $22.99 and that’s if she drinks water wow. 

Didn't know motels even go that cheap...Damn. I call those Hot Sheets Joints.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Didn't know motels even go that cheap...Damn. I call those Hot Sheets Joints.

I did an install years ago at a motel that had a flyer posted behind the desk for employees that listed helpful phrases in English and the Spanish translation. The first one on the list was "How many hours?"

There was also a sign posted for public view that said "No refunds after 15 minutes." 

I made sure not to touch the beds.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/2/2019 at 9:45 PM, enjoralas said:

I did an install years ago at a motel that had a flyer posted behind the desk for employees that listed helpful phrases in English and the Spanish translation. The first one on the list was "How many hours?"

There was also a sign posted for public view that said "No refunds after 15 minutes." 

I made sure not to touch the beds.

When we first rolled out the ATX digital video boxes in hotels, I saw way too many of these types of places and wired too many DVD players into them. 

On 3/2/2019 at 7:54 PM, JFskiDan said:

My aunt used a credit card to buy a  new car, for frequent flier miles. True story. 

My uncle paid for a few semesters of my cousins college with a credit card for the miles. Guy flies all over the place now instead of driving. 

Peak released its pass info today and I am leaning towards that. It would cost $1427 for 3 unlimited passes, but we probably would not make a full family Western trip - which would save a major chunk of that (I might still make a trip with a buddy).

Most likely the plan would be Winter and/or Spring break trip to Attitash/Wildcat, Mt. Snow on MLK and Presidents weekends (and any longer breaks we did not go to NH), and otherwise ski either Frost or Hunter, maybe checking out White Tail once. 

At only $70 more than ORDA for the 3 of us, it is a better deal than that because the Jack Frost option is attractive for when we want to drive less. Similarly the NY, VT, NH options make it worth paying $140 more than for Blue.

Kids are not real into CB option so that is out.

With Montage we would probably spend more in the end by taking some other trips to further destinations like NY, VT, CO.

Still considering Ikon (and waiting to hear word re Epic), but I consider Peak the front runner at the moment.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Peak released its pass info today and I am leaning towards that. It would cost $1427 for 3 unlimited passes, but we probably would not make a full family Western trip - which would save a major chunk of that (I might still make a trip with a buddy).

Most likely the plan would be Winter and/or Spring break trip to Attitash/Wildcat, Mt. Snow on MLK and Presidents weekends (and any longer breaks we did not go to NH), and otherwise ski either Frost or Hunter, maybe checking out White Tail once. 

At only $70 more than ORDA for the 3 of us, it is a better deal than that because the Jack Frost option is attractive for when we want to drive less. Similarly the NY, VT, NH options make it worth paying $140 more than for Blue.

With Montage we would probably spend more in the end by taking some other trips to further destinations like NY, VT, CO.

Still considering Ikon (and waiting to hear word re Epic), but I consider Peak the front runner at the moment.

Ski2Live you are already thinking about if you might take a ski trip out west with a buddy next season.  Steeze Louise I thought you were coming with us to Jackson hole or perhaps Verbier with Salty and Matt Edge. 

Why not Ikon plus a blue pass.  That’s what I’d do. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

https://www.epicpass.com/

epic prices announced.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ski2Live you are already thinking about if you might take a ski trip out west with a buddy next season.  Steeze Louise I thought you were coming with us to Jackson hole or perhaps Verbier with Salty and Matt Edge. 

Why not Ikon plus a blue pass.  That’s what I’d do. 

Could be fun to do a western trip with you guys some time definitely

Will be interesting to see if Peak does away with the liberty/rountop/whitetail pass only, and forces those people into the Peak Pass.  Either way they do this, its gonna ruffle some feathers.  Liberty people will be pissed to be in the peak pass, but if they keep the liberty/roundtop/whitetail pass, people like C1 should get pissed, since he cant buy a pass to only JFBB.  

6 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Will be interesting to see if Peak does away with the liberty/rountop/whitetail pass only, and forces those people into the Peak Pass.  Either way they do this, its gonna ruffle some feathers.  Liberty people will be pissed to be in the peak pass, but if they keep the liberty/roundtop/whitetail pass, people like C1 should get pissed, since he cant buy a pass to only JFBB.  

They did away with it.

10 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Could be fun to do a western trip with you guys some time definitely

They're quite daredevils. I get chills by just looking at some of their pics, and imagine going down off trail with them and hitting a place like Corbet's with no alternative way down.

7 minutes ago, eaf said:

They're quite daredevils. I get chills by just looking at some of their pics, and imagine going down off trail with them and hitting a place like Corbet's with no alternative way down.

I don’t ski corbetts I mainly ski the single blacks at JH and only one or two of the doubles..Eaf there are also some easy groomers at JH for the herbs. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t ski corbetts I mainly ski the single blacks at JH and only one or two of the doubles..Eaf there are also some easy groomers at JH for the herbs. 

If you are going somewhere to ski groomed trails all day long, i think there are better options elsewhere.