3/4..new snow..This is It!!!

Hey all,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain.  I was starving like Marvin on the drive up didn’t really eat anything since noon yesterday except for some pretzels and hummus.  Stopped at Sheetz and had fried egg, bacon, cheddar, tomato, onion and salsa on an everything bagel and OJ..arrived at the lower lot at 750am and shadows and JFDan were in the house and the temperature was in the upper 20s with moderate winds.  6-7” of new snow had fallen between about 4pm and 1am. 

First civilian chair and skied razors which had been groomed but some little ripples of new snow..fierce headwind from the north though.  We were also joined by GahSkier George for a few runs. Sidewinder was nice and the Root rollers were more like pillows..scores some untracked lower left under the six pack...Right side of nightmare bumps had some nice fresh as well along with X-ing and left side of Barneys. 

As the morning progressed a decent amount of people showed up and there was a couple minute long liftline by like 10am. Seemed like about half season passholders.  With breaks of sunshine illuminating the new snow today could have been a day for brochure pictures.  If you’ve been waiting for good ski conditions and all trails open...This Is It!!!

8B1876B6-62E4-4B86-BE27-16BB7E341CB1.jpeg

F3BF686B-AA1A-4E19-B1C1-2CF8F49B0835.jpeg

4861B562-9211-4B82-98DF-9E922C88C571.jpeg

B2EA7579-C5C2-4A1D-9C8E-BC50BD0F9222.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, saltyant said:

People are split on snow conditions today. Enjoralas doesnt like the snow either, whereas I think it's pretty ok. 

Well and Enjorales liked the skiing conditions yesterday and I thought it was kind of meh maybe he likes it hard..I mean the snow.  Different slopes for different folks. If we all liked the same thing they’d run out of KFC mashed potatoes. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Well and Enjorales liked the skiing conditions yesterday and I thought it was kind of meh maybe he likes it hard..I mean the snow.  Different slopes for different folks. If we all liked the same thing they’d run out of KFC mashed potatoes. 

Camelback only groomed the greens and half the blues. Most of you would love it but for me it takes the blacks completely out of play. Salty has a video of me coming down Rocket like a ra-tard that he’ll probably post later. 

Salty, after we parted ways Pops and I found all the trails under the Glen lift have awesome conditions. We’ve been lapping it since. Eating burgers right now then headed out for some more. Tacos to wait for the ride out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1