4/7@The Camel...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

44 minutes ago, phillycore said:

I highly doubt that would be a record.
Maybe a "logged record" on here though.
I can pretty much guarantee that JF Dan, Ridge, and I have all topped that skiing an avg of 6 hours at Frost each weekend years ago.
It's really easy to rack up runs there and boulder.....lol
There was a time when I thought you could equal the amount of time skiing vs waiting in line at Jf to Blue (and you can but only at blues busiest hours)

I was thinking more of a logged record, as you said, because most people probably don't log runs every single session. But still a record nonetheless unless proven otherwise. 

More don't mean better. 

That sentiment hit me hard this season. I started it wanting to do a ton of things. Finished by not doing all of them but feeling really good about the season in general. I kinda want to stick to the whole quality over quantity thing moving forward.
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

That sentiment hit me hard this season. I started it wanting to do a ton of things. Finished by not doing all of them but feeling really good about the season in general. I kinda want to stick to the whole quality over quantity thing moving forward.

You can’t be too hard on yourself, it’s recreation. 

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

Thanks, I was too lazy to fact check before claiming the record.

Two dings for you.

Ding! Ding!

I had a great season, and the last few days at CB were all bonus.  I'm glad it's (almost) over though.  After I got home yesterday, I vacuumed out my car, then decided it was still too dirty so I shampoo'ed the carpets and floor mats.  Now my car doesn't smell like a parking lot anymore.

• Haha 1

You can’t be too hard on yourself, it’s recreation. 

For sure. Skiing should never be a chore, source of angst etc. It should be laid back, go at your pace, do what you feel type of stuff. Oh and it should never be fucking work. I've had various jobs in the industry and realized that right quick. For some people it can be for me it was a bad idea.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

More don't mean better. 

45 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

I really like skiing, but lets face it, i kinda feel like skiing Blue is what i do in between skiing "other mountains," and by that i mean skiing on slopes comprised of snow dropped from heaven in large quantities, where the suckiest day is one where it hasnt snowed in 4 days.  Blues conditions swing from sucksville to awesome and back again several times a season.  And when it is awesome, its still just Blue.  Same 8 trails over and over again.  Glades at Blue are just pretty comical as well.  The best day i ever had at blue was what, like February of 2013?  Hasnt been quite a day there i remember to match that, a couple close, but nothing that good that i can remember in 5 years.   

Sking 200 dogshit runs in PA doesnt come close to the big smile i have on my face in one day out west.   Skiing 1,021 runs at Camelback in a season, might not be something i personnaly would be super proud of.  And i dont do stats, because all it will prove, is i ski in PA too much.  

• Like 3

I quit early when it gets crowded or conditions get shitty or I’m bored or would rather drink beer or take a nap or go to work.  When I’m debooting at Blue often before 10am on weekends people just arriving give me weird looks...well you know what I give those fucktards weird looks as well cause it’s gonna take them double as long to ski lower quality runs...and when they return to their car for their peanut butter and fluff sandwiches and bud light limes I’ll probably still be in the lot..haters gonna hate hate hate. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Johnny law is in Tahoe for 9 days but if he was around he’d say we are just particles composed mainly of water floating around on a oscillating rock sliding down frozen HOH on 7 feet long wooden sticks..intoxicating ourselves with fermented barley and hops and indulging in the charred flesh of inferior creatures. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Belleayre holding out the possibility of re-opening Sat-Sun.

Stuff it fat lady.

I went on Saturday, sweet spring skiing + the Slush Cup pond skimming = good times

2 nites this week will be below freezing.....they just might make it to next weekend

belleayre run.jpg

Edited by Jersey Tomato
  • Like 3

It is what it is. I live in PA. Feel lucky to have many skiing options within 20 minutes to an hour from my house. Blue is home I've had so many days / nights there this past season where I left feeling good. The day at Elk was awesome. Counting days is one thing. Counting those good days is what's important, whether in PA or otherwise

• Like 2

Made it to Hunter in only 2:35 yesterday. There will not that many times I am going to opt for a 1:55 trip to Frost over that. Some times with the kids, none solo. I'm gonna be a NY skier mostly next year. Saudi Arabia will be pleased.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

2 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Made it to Hunter in only 2:35 yesterday. There will not that many times I am going to opt for a 1:55 trip to Frost over that. Some times with the kids, none solo. I'm gonna be a NY skier mostly next year. Saudi Arabia will be pleased.

Saudi Arabia?  Dafuk are you babbling about??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, saltyant said:

Last season I logged 1,021 runs, which is probably a record on this forum, thanks to the short runs at Camelback.

If you prioritize stats over skiing experience that makes some sense I guess.

The only stats I find meaningful are days and vertical feet. To me 2 500' runs are the same as 1 1000' run - but take longer and are less exciting.