Black Friday Speculation Thread

tnt

13 minutes ago, tnt said:

We might start the season black friday...how's it looking for nightly Blue?  Guesses on trail count?

You guys have had a nice start to the season!  Hope it keeps up all winter long!

Friday open 9-9 same trails as the last two weekends...easy out, school hill, vista, midway, lower Main Street and come around ..will be busy.  

42 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Friday open 9-9 same trails as the last two weekends...easy out, school hill, vista, midway, lower Main Street and come around ..will be busy.  

you think it will be busy?  the few BFs we've skied int he past have been pretty empty. Not sure we ever did Blue though.

9 minutes ago, tnt said:

you think it will be busy?  the few BFs we've skied int he past have been pretty empty. Not sure we ever did Blue though.

Yes especially with the 9am start time and the fact that there’s a very limited amount of local skiing and terrain open. They really only have the capacity for a couple hundred skiers and riders right now max 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

4 minutes ago, indiggio said:

There were rumors floating around Saturday that they may open upper Main Street on Friday.  We shall see...
Guess it all depends on how much they lost during the deluge Sunday and the warm temps this week.

It would be nice if they did to take a lot of heat off Midway.

I don’t know how upper Main Street is possible. Maybe if they move some of the snow from tuts lane into it.  

5 minutes ago, indiggio said:

There were rumors floating around Saturday that they may open upper Main Street on Friday.  We shall see...
Guess it all depends on how much they lost during the deluge Sunday and the warm temps this week.

It would be nice if they did to take a lot of heat off Midway.

I don’t know how upper Main Street is possible. Maybe if they move some of the snow from tuts lane into it.  

Also looks like 8am opening this Saturday and Sunday and this season 9am might be the opening on weekdays instead of 830 last season at least that’s what the bottom of Toasts post from Instagram alludes to. 

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I did see some fairly good-sized whales on it, but it's hard to say from the double chairs if there's enough to cover the trail.

Like others have said, we ski thinner cover in the springtime, so they don't really need to go edge-to-edge either.

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Also looks like 8am opening this Saturday and Sunday and this season 9am might be the opening on weekdays instead of 830 last season at least that’s what the bottom of Toasts post from Instagram alludes to. 

I noticed that too.

She's cutting costs at every corner...

Just now, JFskiDan said:

i would love to see upper main open, but i think its gonna take some more snow.  I forget if they knocked it down or not, but even if it wasnt full width it would be an improvement to what happens to midway.  

IIRC, they didn't even drive over the whales at the top of upper Main or Tuts on Saturday afternoon.

How crowded was it last saturday?

regardless, an 1-3/4 drive to get outside and slide around a little on a trail at Blue beats a 3 hr drive to the catskills...regardless of the crowds I think. 

Either that or take a hike up at the water gap I suppose.

4 minutes ago, tnt said:

regardless, an 1-3/4 drive to get outside and slide around a little on a trail at Blue beats a 3 hr drive to the catskills...regardless of the crowds I think. 

Pretty crowded but this Friday will be more.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tnt said:

You could do both skiing and hiking. Ski Blue for a few hours, and hike the AT right from the parking lot. 

• Like 1