Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What about this angle?  When are you going to JH?

7F5AE3BB-1C3C-46AD-81C1-FBF8616C28E9.jpeg

Fucking hell, yeah, exactly.

Middle of March.  Trying to figure this out now...

Unfortunately, looks like I can only swing Thurs - Sunday.  So just two full days of skiing, which kind of sucks.  

But I could fly out of PHL or Newark....PHL and I can arrive at 11:30 and try for a half day in teh afternoon, or I could fly out of Newark and have a 2:30 departure, which means maybe 2-1/2 3 hours on the last day.

Thoughts on the best bet there?

I'm inclined to think squeezing the half day morning in on the way how is a little safer bet.  The morning flight out would have a connection in denver, so that could go wrong and screw things up.  

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Fucking hell, yeah, exactly.

Middle of March.  Trying to figure this out now...

Unfortunately, looks like I can only swing Thurs - Sunday.  So just two full days of skiing, which kind of sucks.  

But I could fly out of PHL or Newark....PHL and I can arrive at 11:30 and try for a half day in teh afternoon, or I could fly out of Newark and have a 2:30 departure, which means maybe 2-1/2 3 hours on the last day.

Thoughts on the best bet there?

I'm inclined to think squeezing the half day morning in on the way how is a little safer bet.  The morning flight out would have a connection in denver, so that could go wrong and screw things up.  

Skiing morning of last day gonna be way better quality skiing than after a travel day.  Depending on the weather I’ll give you pointers on where to ski for the best snow.  If it’s warm and gets cold the south facing terrain will be rough while the north facing will be pleasant chalk..where are you staying??

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Skiing morning of last day gonna be way better quality skiing than after a travel day.  Depending on the weather I’ll give you pointers on where to ski for the best snow.  If it’s warm and gets cold the south facing terrain will be rough while the north facing will be pleasant chalk..where are you staying??

Looks like a condo walking distance to the Teton Mountain Lodge where some of the group is staying.

So which side of the trail map is north? 

3 hours ago, indiggio said:
  •  

I was standing exactly where the guy in the yellow is standing, but facing directly to his left, where @toast21602 dropped in.
It was a sheer vertical cornice that day and I couldn't believe it when he went it!  The drop in this picture looks like nothing in comparison.

Mad props to @toast21602 for dropping into the abyss that was Corbet's that day!

I'll never forget that run and I'm glad you all convinced to to get first tram with you before my flight.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 2:58 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Indiggio did you and Slim think about skiing Corbett’s.  You two are pretty ballsy

I told @toast21602 that I'd follow him in to pick up his stuff if something happened, since he was leaving later that morning.

We still had the rest of the week left to ski, so with the entrance so sketchy that morning, I didn't want to risk it that day.
We never made it back up there.