Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

46 minutes ago, CaptDave said:

I am sooo ready to go back 😢

The pics of Cody never get old 

Steeze ...... ever go in mid March?

F13FFCCB-6531-4B9A-B6AD-63DDB216E5F1.jpeg

I don't know if there is really a bad time to go. Some times are just less desirable than others. It is what you make of it. That being said, I would not turn down a mid-March trip. A few of us were out there for the first week of March last year and had a great time and great conditions. See here: 

• Like 1

It’s stopped snowing in the Tetons at least for a few days but still dangers lurking. 

https://snowbrains.com/skier-got-very-lucky-at-grand-targhee-wy-yesterday-after-partially-falling-through-huge-cornice/

Glad he's ok but how stupid is that? Dont fucking duck ropes; although so I dont come off as a complete hippocrite, my stupid ass has done it before (along with a few others that may or may not post here... lol.) Won't happen again however.
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Glad he's ok but how stupid is that? Dont fucking duck ropes; although so I dont come off as a complete hippocrite, my stupid ass has done it before (along with a few others that may or may not post here... lol.) Won't happen again however.

If you don’t know don’t go...

• Love 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hot off the press..Jackson hole and Aspen  are no longer on the base Ikon pass..you can pay an additional $150 upcharge for 5 days each at JH and Aspen or buy the full Ikon pass which includes both readers.  

5B7A7424-92CF-4D48-8044-8758057F9FA8.jpeg

Interesting. Kinda saw something along those lines coming. 

Hot off the press..Jackson hole and Aspen  are no longer on the base Ikon pass..you can pay an additional $150 upcharge for 5 days each at JH and Aspen or buy the full Ikon pass which includes both readers.  
5B7A7424-92CF-4D48-8044-8758057F9FA8.thumb.jpeg.d94a122724480f7e5da8eb6a1c3740dc.jpeg

Slippery slope. Sure folks at icon HQ were kicking and screaming. Won’t be surprised if a few more upper end resorts do the same thing
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, tarponhead said:

Slippery slope. Sure folks at icon HQ were kicking and screaming. Won’t be surprised if a few more upper end resorts do the same thing

It’s Aspen and JH that have changed their status for next years Ikon Pass. I believe JH has a three year agreement with Alterra so there’s a possibility they are off the Ikon pass the following season. The vocal locals have been kicking and screaming the last two seasons due to increased on mountain crowds and full parking lots. 

Heading to JH Wednesday.  Skiing Thur. Fri, Sat, option for 1/2 day sunday with a 5pm flight.

Looks like it gets warm in the valley during the days, cold over night.  Which aspects will be best first thing?  Head to the top in the AM till the bottom softens up?

Also, kind of fuckign freaked about traveling through this escalating virus stuff.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

Heading to JH Wednesday.  Skiing Thur. Fri, Sat, option for 1/2 day sunday with a 5pm flight.

Looks like it gets warm in the valley during the days, cold over night.  Which aspects will be best first thing?  Head to the top in the AM till the bottom softens up?

Also, kind of fuckign freaked about traveling through this escalating virus stuff.

Definitely a concern. Wash your hands often and you should be fine. 

have fun in JH!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tnt said:

Ski groomers first until off piste softens also the forecast looks pretty good for Jackson hole. 

19 hours ago, tnt said:

We found Bivouac woods to be the best at holding snow in those conditions.

I never saw so many people washing their hands for so long on our trip to Utah!
Try not to think too much about it, just wash your hands more often and thoroughly.

Have a great trip!

Flying this week too...picked up a couple of packs of hand wipes for when I can't wash. I hate to get sucked into the hype but better to be safe. Airlines are scrubbing their planes down overnight to from what I'm reading so first flights out will likely be squeaky clean.

26 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Flying this week too...picked up a couple of packs of hand wipes for when I can't wash. I hate to get sucked into the hype but better to be safe. Airlines are scrubbing their planes down overnight to from what I'm reading so first flights out will likely be squeaky clean.

Been getting e-mails from all the airlines about what they're doing in response.

Nice to hear they're all taking precautions.

Have a great trip too @RidgeRacer!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

For me yes for most people probably the narrower considering the upcoming JH conditions. Are the 94mm stiff skis?

the 94s are Blizzard Rustlers, so a little stiff under foot, soft tip and tail.  The 112s are Liberty Origins.  Very soft playful ski.  

The rustlers are probably the better call, but I just put the LIbertys in the bag....