Jackson Hole 1/28-2/5...

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Just now, saltyant said:

Daaaaamn I would take that deal in a second if it was at the end of a trip and I was in no hurry to get home. 

Two guys went to the counter pretty fast.  Just depends if they have to be at work tomorrow morning and how much sitting around for 24 hours means to them.  

16 minutes ago, Barb said:

They should start charging by the pound of the passenger for a ticket. I am so sick of sitting next to people who are too large and spill over into my seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if your ski bag is 51lbs that's like 150$ but added to my weight I'm still less than the 300lb dude from Texas the wheezes and sweats the entire time

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Barb said:

Exactly! My very thin friend recently had to take 3 lbs out of her bag. While I am sure the person behind her weighed 60+ lbs more

The whole pay by the pound can be tricky, though. I know guys who are absolutely ripped and weigh ~230lbs and they look vastly different than somebody who weighs 230lbs because of fat. And people who are taller are likely going to weigh more. I don't see it happening, but I understand the argument. 

• Like 1

The whole pay by the pound can be tricky, though. I know guys who are absolutely ripped and weigh ~230lbs and they look vastly different than somebody who weighs 230lbs because of fat. And people who are taller are likely going to weigh more. I don't see it happening, but I understand the argument. 

Ok I see your point but what about you are allowed X pounds for free, body weight and luggage. And over that fees occur. Not fair that a 300lb person and a 110lb person get the same allotted weight for bags.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure it's related to the efforts that it takes to handle your overweight suitcase. Hence number of pieces and the weight of each piece both count.

Edit: Should've said "usually related". Here they say that the entire flight is overweight, wow. Must be due to altitude and warmish air.

Edited by eaf

2 hours ago, toast21602 said:

I can’t find it, but there’s a hilarious meme that shows Donald Trump and DK Metcalf ( football player) and they are both 6 ft 3 230.  

image.thumb.jpeg.af7be5c80a3dc16e1ca2e9095d3da220.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.e7b5259fbb6784526d6e893a35bee940.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Barb said:

Ok I see your point but what about you are allowed X pounds for free, body weight and luggage. And over that fees occur. Not fair that a 300lb person and a 110lb person get the same allotted weight for bags.

I agree. Make it x amount pounds per person.