Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

41 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

If you guys were dinosaurs today you'd be living in the Float-aceaus period. Enjoy!

Dinosaur National Park is pretty close to steamboat.  

New page..just checked the gondola cam to see if the boys are in line.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

New page..just checked the gondola cam to see if the boys are in line.  

Not yet, drinking cream with a little coffee and watching the powder dumping and local news. We're keeping an eye on the gondola and will go down if a line starts to form.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Not yet, drinking cream with a little coffee and watching the powder dumping and local news. We're keeping an eye on the gondola and will go down if a line starts to form.

That's a pretty sweet luxury to slope side accommodations. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

It'll already be too late by then!  Doesn't the gondy open in 20 minutes?!

I did a small run just to get a taste of skiing actual snow. Riding the gondola to the Sunshine area. Line wasn't too bad at the gondy. Jammed in with 7 dudes as we speak.

The worker put my skis in 1 gondola and I almost went in a different gondola cab by accident (true story). Good thing the dude corrected me and directed me to the correct gondola.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I did a small run just to get a taste of skiing actual snow. Riding the gondola to the Sunshine area. Line wasn't too bad at the gondy. Jammed in with 7 dudes as we speak.

The worker put my skis in 1 gondola and I almost went in a different gondola cab by accident (true story). Good thing the dude corrected me and directed me to the correct gondola.

That's some Jerry shit right there.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Whatever you’re smoking sounds good. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not having a good day, between conditions and vis, legs feel like shit but not gonna whine about it. Grabbing a bite in Rendezvous lodge then headed bad out to try to HTFU and make a better day of it. Might swing by the on-mountain demo center and see about trying different skis

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

I'm not having a good day, between conditions and vis, legs feel like shit but not gonna whine about it. Grabbing a bite in Rendezvous lodge then headed bad out to try to HTFU and make a better day of it. Might swing by the on-mountain demo center and see about trying different skis

Out west I love bluebird skiing and I love storm skiing.  I hate skiing in flat light, especially when off trail stuff isn't that great.  It just isn't fun sometimes as you can't even relax because you can't see what the hell you're skiing in.  It's all part of skiing real mountains.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, AtomicSkier said:

Out west I love bluebird skiing and I love storm skiing.  I hate skiing in flat light, especially when off trail stuff isn't that great.  It just isn't fun sometimes as you can't even relax because you can't see what the hell you're skiing in.  It's all part of skiing real mountains.

Flat like days are for the woods, if/when available.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Keep your head up. Its day one and low vis sucks regardless of ability or gear. Plenty more days ahead and plenty of Mike's Hard in the fridge. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Taking a break at the condo for some pumpkin pie with whipped cream, a Mike's and some purple Peeps for sugar. It's so fucking sick out there. I've just been skiing around wherever there is Perder and pitch, the black diamonds feel like greens to me these days. Got separated from @enjoralas and @pops, the dumb tracking app on our phones isn't working right. This place is rad but finding the way back to the condo was a fucking pain!

20200224_103305.thumb.jpg.825e9106aeff6b8deb1067e2b240f849.jpg

Awesome! But please watch your language, this is a family site. When is the stripper coming?

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Awesome! But please watch your language, this is a family site. When is the stripper coming?

There's not gonna be any strippers! This trip's gonna be a sausage fest! But the sausage is truly delicious.

Edited by saltyant
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Here's my actual lunch. Also have Belgian chocolate Haagen Dazs in the freezer if I'm still hungry.20200224_121626.thumb.jpg.ea5229e0cfa35d8ec0a1601f8ed8925e.jpg

Oh Lordy...you’re like the kid in home alone.  For supper maybe a cheese pizza just for you.   I’m glad you were able to find your way back to the condo. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Love 1