Steamboat Stoke Thread... 2020!!!

saltyant

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Oh Lordy...you’re like the kid in home alone.  For supper maybe a cheese pizza just for you.   I’m glad you were able to find your way back to the condo. 

Last night I started eating my ice cream first before dinner until Enjoralas told me to wait until after eating steak and mashed pertaters. Since I'm in the condo alone right now I'm going to be a badass and eat pumpkin pie first, then fruits.

• Haha 1

Hey all, back from a fun session at Steamboat Mountain the True Mountain. In da house were Salty, Enjoralas and Pops. First run was mad steezy, windy as hell and a layer of amazing world renowned Champagne Powder. Headed over to Sunshine area with the PASR crew and skied lots of deep ungroomed Perder. It was rad! Visibility was pretty low and the flakes were blowing so I donned a facemask. Around 10 went solo for the rest of the day and skied til closing. Did a lot of blacks including one with a moe ghoul field, which I survived. Also skied some tough glades but had my whistle in case got sucked into lethal tree well. Afterwards celebrated apres with a nap and SUJOPO. But since the view into my loft is only partially obstructed by blinds the middle part will have to wait. JADIP Ice is Nice

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 3

This thread is falling apart.

Come on, Salty! Not everybody may be fond of your diet, but surely everybody's dying for cool pics and stories about how bubbly champagne felt, how deep tree wells were, what skis were carrying you through this mess and if your hands can still raise a fork after braving the storm for the entire day.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

Come on, Salty! Not everybody may be fond of your diet, but surely everybody's dying for cool pics and stories about how bubbly champagne felt, how deep tree wells were, what skis were carrying you through this mess and if your hands can still raise a fork after braving the storm for the entire day.

It was never together. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, eaf said:

I posted a report and cool pics! One even got 9 likes so far. I haven't had any champagne yet just Mike's Hard Lemonades. That's enough alcohol for me. I tried Enjoralas's Rossy 88s from 1 to 4 since the width gave me more stability in the deep pow. I braved the storm and can still raise a fork.

5 minutes ago, eaf said:

So you skied in the morning, then went straight to your cabin, had lunch and launched a whole new attack?

Were there many other people? Did locals have guts to ski with you or are they planning to show up only when the skies clear up?

I skied from 8:30 to 4 with a 1 hour break for pie.  Then went back out for an attack on a whole nother level. Skied some dope glades and almost got buried in the deeeeeep perder. There were people around but I prefer the solitude of the back bowls where there's nobody around. I have no idea who was a local, everyone I talked to was from out of state. Actually never mind, the locals are easily identifiable by their cowboy hats.

Edited by saltyant
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, eaf said:

So you skied in the morning, then went straight to your cabin, had lunch and launched a whole new attack?

Were there many other people? Did locals have guts to ski with you or are they planning to show up only when the skies clear up?

I honestly think at steamboat there’s ten times more tourists than locals this time of year. 

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I already had 2 Mike's Hard Lemonades today and need to be sober enough to navigate the mean streets of Steamboat Springs to find the space port shuttle rendezvous.

Yeah you don’t want to get arrested for public intoxication and end up having to spend the night in the clink 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1