Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

20 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

No barber appointments available in palmerton, Lehighton, or Jim Thorp.  Walmart barber in lehighton not even open yet

When salons open in Allentown maybe in 2 weeks I anticipate it will be awhile more until I can get in for a haircut with such pent up demand and also only able to operate at 50% capacity.  My friends girlfriend the other night thought I was wearing a wig 

10 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

5x less than Florida.

Yup and on a population basis Alabama is doing terribly 891 new cases but less than 1/4 the population of Florida.  Also Louisiana 1288 new cases and about 1/5 of Florida’s population and a third of ours.  Arizona has half our population and nearly four times our number of new cases with 1540 new cases.  Don’t let the declining death rate fool you.  This large amount of new cases in many southern and western states won’t progress to the death column for a few to several weeks.  

15 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Today marks 2 weeks since the philly riots began

I was in center city on wednesday for a run and walked around a little bit. Didn't look like there was that much still damaged/closed, at least where I was. 

45 minutes ago, saltyant said:

@GrilledSteezeSandwich This is something you would write regarding boarding jet planes

It makes sense, considering the fact that the general public has been forced to take it up the ass from the airline industry for decades.

Govt should have let them burn or had them make serious concessions to get a bailout.

Edited by Benm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It makes sense, considering the fact that the general public has been forced to take it up the ass from the airline industry for decades.
Govt should have let them burn or had them make serious concessions to get a bailout.

IDK with airline points I rarely pay for flights. I feel like there are ways around the absurd ticket fares. It requires work though...albeit minimal (aka point accumulation). File your taxes using turbotax? Rather than going to turbotax dot com directly might as well earn 1000 points by going there through the airline shopping mall website. Graduation gift for my kid? Bestbuy directly or bestbuy link from the airline shopping mall and earn a few hundred points. Then there's the airline credit cards of course...Pay bills using airline credit card, pay off credit card each month. Earn points and boost your credit score.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

IDK with airline points I rarely pay for flights. I feel like there are ways around the absurd ticket fares. It requires work though...

I'm not really talking about the rates. I'm talking about baggage fees, cancellation fees, charges for flight alterations, getting hit with a fee for a typo on someone's name. Things like that. I would think it also happens if someone were to use points, no?

• Like 1

I'm not really talking about the rates. I'm talking about baggage fees, cancellation fees, charges for flight alterations, getting hit with a fee for a typo on someone's name. Things like that. I would think it also happens if someone were to use points, no?

Oh very true and I don't disagree with you at all but, for me personally, if I'm paying nothing for the flight I don't mind 25 or 50 bucks for baggage fares. Especially when the only thing I did to earn that free flight was pay bills and / or shop using a store link from their site as opposed to typing the store link in directly. Points are a way to counter the absurd everything IMO (not just airfare).

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I laugh at the people who say the coronavirus will go away after the election lol

Someone invited me to the Reopen PA Facebook group. I didn't join it but still get the posts on my wall. Lots and lots of people think the virus is a scam and the numbers are fictitious. 

Edited by saltyant