Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

3 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Just got my J+J vaccine smh. Send vibes that I catch a side effect and die.  Feel so cheap right now

Unreal that you were required to be vaxxed to attend a wedding.  What does it matter to them..in a few weeks at least you’ll be able to go maskless in stores.  Also why did you get the shittiest vaccine?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I had my second appointment in my office this summer where I wore a mask...a small percentage come into my office masked and I ask if I should wear mine and usually they say no, sometimes they take theirs off and say I got my shots...todays said yes cause she’s around her infant grand kids a lot..all good.  

31 minutes ago, Barb said:

Boulder County reinstating indoor mask mandates today. I have been wearing one indoors for about 2 weeks now mostly out of peer pressure. I was getting some death stares in the grocery store unmasked. 

I've been wearing one indoors at work because I have to, but whenever I'm at a public place as well. My niece and nephew still can't get vaccinated and I'm around them enough to not want to spread something to them. If it wasn't for them I probably wouldn't as much as I do. Still doesn't bother me to wear one.

What are your guys thoughts on breakthrough cases and/or spread? 

I really don't usually spend a lot of time in a very crowded indoor space but the gym is typically very crowded and 0% mask wearing in there. On the surface that seems not so great but you need to be vaccinated to be on campus which in turn means that the people in the gym are vaccinated as well and of course I got my shot.

On the surface it seems like it should be all good but it's still odd to be in a big room with a hundred people.  

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Boulder County reinstating indoor mask mandates today. I have been wearing one indoors for about 2 weeks now mostly out of peer pressure. I was getting some death stares in the grocery store unmasked. 

I think that’s why my parents wear masks even though they have no mandate in VA, they live in a super liberal area 

15 minutes ago, Schif said:

I really don't usually spend a lot of time in a very crowded indoor space but the gym is typically very crowded and 0% mask wearing in there. On the surface that seems not so great but you need to be vaccinated to be on campus which in turn means that the people in the gym are vaccinated as well and of course I got my shot.

On the surface it seems like it should be all good but it's still odd to be in a big room with a hundred people.  

You might get Covid but it will be super mild..almost none of the breakthrough cases amoung the non elderly involve hospitalizations. I watch this one YouTube channel called deermeatfordinner.  The host just got over Covid.  He’s a 40something healthy guy in Florida and he was hospitalized twice and had double pneumonia. In the comments people were asking if he was vaccinated and he was not.  

58 minutes ago, Schif said:

My wife got covid and is vaccinated, and for her it has just been like a mild cold.  Maybe it would be much worse if she weren't vaccinated.

I'd say go to the gym and workout and as long as you aren't hanging out with a high risk unvaccinated person you are all good.  You've done your part by being vaccinated, and keeping healthy by exercising is important too.  If you are worried or extra cautious you could always stick to running or do bodyweight exercises outside.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schif said:

Weird being at a concert with 15k people last week. Even had beer spilled on me just like the good old days. Very few people were masked there.