Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

On 8/9/2021 at 8:56 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Lehigh valley health networks, St lukes and good shepherd rehab are now requiring employees to be vaccinated. A customer who works for st lukes said they were giving a $700 bonus for employees who get vaccinated and  like 85% got vaxxed and that’s all employees.  Not bad at all. 

My boss was giving people a paid day for getting Vaxxed.  Some guys where on their third Covid shot at some point.......

Just now, toast21602 said:

Better than none!

Yes.  talking to a colleague at another shop, he said they have a few out now with Covid, and their vax rate is probably 25%, which really surprised me.  So, i guess we are pretty fortunate to have what i think is a vax rate of about 75%.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JFskiDan said:

Yes.  talking to a colleague at another shop, he said they have a few out now with Covid, and their vax rate is probably 25%, which really surprised me.  So, i guess we are pretty fortunate to have what i think is a vax rate of about 75%.  

Has your boss thought about requiring all employees to get vaccinated?

I heard Philly brought back indoor mask mandates and there are now several Philly restaurants that require a vaccine card to serve patrons indoors.  If I owned a restaurant I would not be that strict with my patrons, especially after the terrible hit that industry took last year. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Wawa is still the only store I go to that requires a mask and mask usage is less at wawa than almost anywhere. I’m loving not having to wear a mask on these hot days like last summer when I was wearing them outdoors with customers.  I also have customers who were maskless a month ago and now wearing masks in my office.  

6 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Yeah...That just came down. Who knows what'll happen this semester...here we go again. There is a concert at sun devil stadium on Tuesday that peeps seem to be excited about.

Hopefully your daughter has a more normal college experience. Have your younger kids visited Arizona yet?  I remember when I went away to college 24 years ago, my uncle who’s a big pothead told me to stay away from the pot..honestly the binge drinking in college was worse than weed. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Got an email yesterday laying out the plans for the fall. 

93% of Villanova is vaccinated.

No masks required at all outside. Vaccinated students and faculty will not be required to wear masks indoors. Unvaccinated students and faculty will be required to wear masks indoors. Visitors to campus regardless of vaccination status will be required to wear masks indoors. All facilities will be open at full capacity. Unvaccinated students and faculty will be subjected to twice weekly testing. 

It's looking good for some basketball games for me this year!

Edited by Schif
  • Like 4
  • Boner City 1

10 minutes ago, Schif said:

Got an email yesterday laying out the plans for the fall. 

93% of Villanova is vaccinated.

No masks required at all outside. Vaccinated students and faculty will not be required to wear masks indoors. Unvaccinated students and faculty will be required to wear masks indoors. Visitors to campus regardless of vaccination status will be required to wear masks indoors. All facilities will be open at full capacity. Unvaccinated students and faculty will be subjected to twice weekly testing. 

It's looking good for some basketball games for me this year!

That is great news

On 8/14/2021 at 12:21 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hopefully your daughter has a more normal college experience. Have your younger kids visited Arizona yet?  

No. That was their first trip west. They loved it. No matter how many times I go to Arizona I never get tired of it. I think I probably like it more each time. My wife and I were looking at potential, future landing spots 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

No. That was their first trip west. They loved it. No matter how many times I go to Arizona I never get tired of it. I think I probably like it more each time. My wife and I were looking at potential, future landing spots 

Awesome I’ve never been there.  One of my friends is spending the summer working at a lodge at the north rim of the Grand Canyon.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Zonked said:

Happy to report we had a normal indoor wedding! It was my biggest concern this year but we had no issues. Feel like I should play the lottery. Philly indoor mask mandate went into effective Thursday at midnight, our wedding was Friday. It ended up not being a huge deal. The venue asked to see vaccination cards as guests arrived for the ceremony. If the guests could provide proof they were able to remain mask free. The few guests who could not provide proof were told to keep their masks on except when eating and drinking at the table. The event manager did tell me off record there was no way for them to enforce it (nor would they) once the wedding started but the few people who were not vaccinated did in fact wear their masks for majority of the wedding.

Being selfish - I'm just happy I was able to have a normal wedding with no COVID issues. I'm pretty darn lucky.

Great news and Congratulations!

• Like 1