Blue Mountain - COVID-19 Update

toast21602

25 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

The number of positive-test coronavirus cases in Pennsylvania increased by 1,397 on Thursday to an overall total of 45,763 statewide, according to the state Department of Health.

I don’t think Musikfest is gonna happen. Organizers haven’t made the call yet.  I think they’re in denial.  People are getting much more lax.  My mom told me my niece and nephew are now playing with the neighborhood kids and my sister and bro in law and their friends are now thinking they already had corona.  Stupid..and I thought they were the cautious ones. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think Musikfest is gonna happen. Organizers haven’t made the call yet.  I think they’re in denial.  People are getting much more lax.  My mom told me my niece and nephew are now playing with the neighborhood kids and my sister and bro in law and their friends are now thinking they already had corona.  Stupid..and I thought they were the cautious ones. 

Roads are definitely more crowded as each day goes on.  A lot of people who were cautious a few weeks ago have now said fuck it

They cancelled the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony this year. I was going to go for the first time in 10 years to see Derek Jeter get inducted. Probably the right call though, this realistically would have been the largest in history. The largest ceremony when Tony Gwynn  and Cal Ripkin Jr. went in was around 82,000 people and I remember that one being absolutely crazy. There is no doubt in my mind though that Jeter would crack 100,000 people showing up to that soccer field in the tiny village. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Schif said:

They cancelled the Baseball Hall of Fame induction ceremony this year. I was going to go for the first time in 10 years to see Derek Jeter get inducted. Probably the right call though, this realistically would have been the largest in history. The largest ceremony when Tony Gwynn  and Cal Ripkin Jr. went in was around 82,000 people and I remember that one being absolutely crazy. There is no doubt in my mind though that Jeter would crack 100,000 people showing up to that soccer field in the tiny village. 

Absolutely. Especially being so close to NYC. I miss watching baseball right now.

1 minute ago, toast21602 said:

Absolutely. Especially being so close to NYC. I miss watching baseball right now.

If any of you guys enjoy baseball even a little I would absolutely suggest going up to Cooperstown for the induction. Those weekends were legitimately the best of my childhood hands down. 

• Like 2

I picked up lunch from one of my normal lunch spots today.  They've always taken food safety seriously (prior to corona), and have taken it to an extreme now, so I'm happy to support my usual spots.  But, as @theprogram4 said, traffic levels are picking up big time.  When I went for a trail run yesterday,  22 was way worse at 4:15pm than it was two weeks ago at the same time. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Roads are definitely more crowded as each day goes on.  A lot of people who were cautious a few weeks ago have now said fuck it

100% how have things been at your dealership?? Miraculously we had an ok April thanks to a lot of our dealers and doing deliveries as normal..the one cemetery our guy was in today in Philly has said they’ve done a record amount of burials this week...

8 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Cooperstown is fucking awesome

I went there with the Allentown JCC travel camp summer of 1989...first and only time I visited the finger lakes.  Also visited Watkins Glenn and the Corning glass factory...that’s back when I used to like the Oakland A’s cause my dad bought me an A’s hat on a business trip.  

41 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Same.  It's just nice that there's always a game on to watch pretty much every day.  I was gonna go to Pittsburgh for a game this year, but that probably won't happen

55 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

My commute when I go into the office has been lighter, but I notice anincrease in truck traffic on the PA turnpike and highways near my house.  I think more trucks are traveling during rush hour since there aren't as many cars on the road.  

1 hour ago, Schif said:

If any of you guys enjoy baseball even a little I would absolutely suggest going up to Cooperstown for the induction. Those weekends were legitimately the best of my childhood hands down. 

Little League World Series was just cancelled for this summer. Saw that coming, but I was hoping to get up there this year and do a brewery tour and bike excursion along the way. There's always next year...

• Sad 1

So, i'm back at work.  We are taking all the precautions and providing masks for everybody, sanitizer, hand wash stations, the whole nine yards.  I would say, 80% maybe more of our employees are taking it seriously, and are playing along with our rules, but i dont go out to job sites too often, so i dont know whats going on there.  The guys i oversee are on board, so that puts me at ease somewhat.  We have made it clear that everybody needs to bring their own lunch, water, etc.  Nobody is to stop at Wawa, or any other convenience store or lunch spot, whatever.  The unfortunate part is we cant control anybody's after work activities.  Hopefully, they will go to work, and continue to only make trips to stores for essential items.  We do have one manager that sort of thinks the rules dont apply to him, and then one of his foreman has made it clear that he feels this is all a big hoax.  

There is a super good chance this goes completely sideways, and its groundhog day all over again.   I hope people realize that.  

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

So, i'm back at work.  We are taking all the precautions and providing masks for everybody, sanitizer, hand wash stations, the whole nine yards.  I would say, 80% maybe more of our employees are taking it seriously, and are playing along with our rules, but i dont go out to job sites too often, so i dont know whats going on there.  The guys i oversee are on board, so that puts me at ease somewhat.  We have made it clear that everybody needs to bring their own lunch, water, etc.  Nobody is to stop at Wawa, or any other convenience store or lunch spot, whatever.  The unfortunate part is we cant control anybody's after work activities.  Hopefully, they will go to work, and continue to only make trips to stores for essential items.  We do have one manager that sort of thinks the rules dont apply to him, and then one of his foreman has made it clear that he feels this is all a big hoax.  

There is a super good chance this goes completely sideways, and its groundhog day all over again.   I hope people realize that.  

They’ll just stop at wawa on the way to and from work...my guess is you’ll have a solid corona outbreak among your employees and things are a lot worse now than when you initially shutdown.  Does everybody have their own vehicle to get to job sites or are people carpooling..that to me would be the easiest way to spread.  2-3 guys in one truck. 

Out of the number of employees you have and the demographics of them..I’m guessing a few have it.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

21 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Good to have policies in place, but unfortunately you can't control behaviors (obviously). FWIW, and not relevant to you at all, but the crews that I have been seeing out and about working around my area have all been wearing masks and following guidelines, showing up in own vehicles, etc. So that is promising. Unfortunately when the leaders of an organization (or country) aren't setting good examples like your foreman, it makes things that much more difficult.

I just hope you can stay safe so we can all put our hands in your bags of kettle chips in 6 months 😂

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Good to have policies in place, but unfortunately you can't control behaviors (obviously). FWIW, and not relevant to you at all, but the crews that I have been seeing out and about working around my area have all been wearing masks and following guidelines, showing up in own vehicles, etc. So that is promising. Unfortunately when the leaders of an organization (or country) aren't setting good examples like your foreman, it makes things that much more difficult.

I just hope you can stay safe so we can all put our hands in your bags of kettle chips in 6 months 😂

Wow Halloween opening this year woo woo woo...