1/19 After the Holiday

C1erArt

26 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

The conditions today were probably the worst I’ve experienced all season. We really need cold weather 

They’re blowing now.  By the weekend everything will be resurfaced. What time were you there?  I think I’m gonna take a rare two day break and sleep in tomorrow and get a lot of work done but will be back on Thursday  AM

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Gotta laugh. Thank God hubby can usually fix anything that breaks around here. Except the roof, I told him that was definitely off limits- too steep.  We’re going to make sure it’s nothing in the house, then call BCWSA to check outside. 

Oh yeah. The wife, a rehab nurse, despises when I go up on the ladder/roof.

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Oh yeah. The wife, a rehab nurse, despises when I go up on the ladder/roof.

Once you have a ladder slide out from under you, and you get a ride in the ambulance, do rehab, etc, ladders become evil.  I hate ladders now.  totally afraid of them.  I recently tried to get up on my roof to see how that bat got in my chimney, i had the ladder all set up, got about halfway up, and then just chickened out.  i shouldnt even own an extension ladder anymore.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JFskiDan said:

Once you have a ladder slide out from under you, and you get a ride in the ambulance, do rehab, etc, ladders become evil.  I hate ladders now.  totally afraid of them.  I recently tried to get up on my roof to see how that bat got in my chimney, i had the ladder all set up, got about halfway up, and then just chickened out.  i shouldnt even own an extension ladder anymore.  

I have a 30' extension ladder for the back of the house w/ walk-out basement.  
With each step up the sphincter clenches tighter and tighter.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Yikes! Our extension ladder is long gone. I can’t even stand it when John cleans the gutters, and all of our gutters are only one story up. I’m the ladder holder, and it causes me much anxiety. 

At least you married a handy man.  I have a ladder in my office. 

3FA10B61-89EE-4488-80EE-CCD1A16DAF3C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

What do you do on the roof?  You can always hire @Shadows to clean the leaves out of your gutters. 

Replace attic fan motors, clean roof of sticks, clean out gutters, powerwash gutters/siding, replace spotlight bulbs, repair siding.

May have to call @Shadows at some point to spray the mildew off the siding.  Pretty bad where the sun doesn't shine! 😀

Well, I’m not going anywhere today except Lowe’s and ORE rentals. Major sewer issue at our house [emoji31]. 

We lost our well pump on Thursday, and I was all set to ski Blue that day. Plumber came right out. Ouch. 400 foot down, 1 HP. Last fall we found out the CPVC sewer pipe snapped where it goes through the foundation wall. Fortunately outside. Our foundation plantings were well fertilized.
  • Sad 2

51 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

We lost our well pump on Thursday, and I was all set to ski Blue that day. Plumber came right out. Ouch. 400 foot down, 1 HP. Last fall we found out the CPVC sewer pipe snapped where it goes through the foundation wall. Fortunately outside. Our foundation plantings were well fertilized.

Ugh. That was probably expensive. We’ve had to replace ours twice. Our plumbing is a real adventure. Not sure what the people building the house were thinking. 

Happy to report everything fixed! We had to move a bunch of stuff, clean up a bit. Problem was outside. BCSWA came out pretty quickly. Got the area plunged with their super plunger. I was having nightmare visions of pipes being dug up, etc. They said if it happens again, they’ll have to snake it out to the street. 

• Like 4

On 1/20/2021 at 9:33 AM, JFskiDan said:

I had a chimney guy come look at one of my chimneys and he wanted me to take a look at the top of the chimney to show me something and my arms and legs were shaking as I climbed the extension ladder and got all the way up there.  I find it funny how I can stand on skis above a huge cliff or exposure and I'm totally fine but I can't climb a damn ladder without freaking out.

• Like 4