1-21-21

toast21602

Blue the True was fairly nice this morning. The sun was out to start, but the zinc clouds rolled in shortly after. I was able to squeeze in just over an hour of skiing before work. Razors was ROTD and probably the best that it has been all year... 10/10 good. Nice grooming, blow over from challenge. Felt nice to rip down that. Everything else was good to mediocre at worst. This next cold spell should help them keep some good snow around for a while. @AtomicSkier @GrilledSteezeSandwich @mute1080 @theprogram4 were all in attendance, although I didn't see TP4 on the slopes. 

Still making snow on Challenge and Switchback. Ski you all this weekend. I'm sure GSS will start a roll call thread soon.

IMG_3021.thumb.jpg.5b77ff64305164be32a0462a7218a91a.jpg

IMG_3022.thumb.jpg.4c454fa54bba06aaf699a311d765b3e9.jpg

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 7
  • Boner City 1

Hey All,

I’m back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 820am and it was in the low 20s under mostly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Mute, Ryan, Atomic Jeff, Toast, TP4, C1, Rodney and Bethlehem ford guy. 

First civilian 6-pack and Razors for the first run which was $$$$. The first headwall had blowover from challenge which provided plenty of untracked cushion for the pushing. Repeated that again then to Main Street which was decent but not as good with some sugar and slick spot or two. The rest of the session I just lapped Razors because it was so good.  The untracked manmade perd turned to chalky push piles and stayed relatively smooth. Fairly busy this morning but not as bad as last week. 

The snowmaking cannons continue to blast on challenge and a few random spots and they are starting to groom out switchback. Should set up for a very nice weekend at Blue the true. JADIP

FA91C371-EDFF-460A-8601-FE44C33910EF.jpeg

C0F1C6D4-704E-4352-973E-28EF5B409FB9.jpeg

• Like 3

This real time report died. 

My bad. I'm home now. Was a nice sunset sesh.. Jeff was right as SW was sugary. Overall it was a fun night though. switch was closed but laced in cord as it was just groomed so I was tempted to poach. Upper main was ok. Lower main was meh. lots of rollers. Falls run out and homestretch are a roller derby. Did a NMDW run (RIP). Challenge was closed but being groomed. P Dizzle probably had the best conditions. All in all it was a nice night at the True.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

My bad. I'm home now. Was a nice sunset sesh.. Jeff was right as SW was sugary. Overall it was a fun night though. switch was closed but laced in cord as it was just groomed so I was tempted to poach. Upper main was ok. Lower main was meh. lots of rollers. Falls run out and homestretch are a roller derby. Did a NMDW run (RIP). Challenge was closed but being groomed. P Dizzle probably had the best conditions. All in all it was a nice night at the True.

Nice. The sunset pictures always make Blue look pretty cool.

• Like 1

Went back for a night session with Boo and skied 5-7:20. Temp was comfortable at 32° and light winds. Crowds seemed lighter then the last 2 nights and lines were only a couple minutes wait. Top of Razors was a little bumped up but the snow that blew over from Challenge and was still good. Plenty of sugar and did think of GSS talking about the Pocono shuffle watching most people ski tonight. Sidewinder was fun with the 3D snow and push piles that made you pay attention.

Great day to look up too. Sunset was purty, a guy at the top of the 6 pointed out the ISS going over head(which is moving 17,130 mph btw) and a Chinook came for a close fly by when we went down SW.

Got to chat with @enjorales and pops in the lot for a bit before leaving, which was nice. I think I saw@mattedge on the hill too

Only took one photo today so enjoy. Watch out west bound 946 about a mile past Moore Elementary on you way to Blue.fdcfb3924742538e1ffeeb24e2e9e572.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4