2-2-21. Groundhog day

JFskiDan

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

A few years ago, we rode up with patrollers and specifically asked them about the woods/bike trails and they told us then that they're no longer restricted, so I guess technically skiing them anymore isn't considered "poaching".

But then it was like they were giving people shit for going down coming soon.  Makes no sense.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

But then it was like they were giving people shit for going down coming soon.  Makes no sense.  

No rhyme or reason to BM SP...
My GUESS is that since CS is technically a trail, SP is supposed to check it for obstacles (LOL) and clear it, but the SP at top didn't get all clear yet.   WTF knows?  Like we listen to SP anyway...

Edited by indiggio

8 minutes ago, indiggio said:

No rhyme or reason to BM SP...
My GUESS is that since CS is technically a trail, SP is supposed to check it for obstacles (LOL) and clear it, but the SP at top didn't get all clear yet.   WTF knows?  Like we listen to SP anyway...

Yep, BM SP makes no sense at times.  Do they check all the woods for obstacles that are no longer restricted?  LOL.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Guitar are you taking any trips this season?

Nope.....we've been staying local the past 3 winters b/c tinymoose went back to school to get an accounting degree. She only has two semesters left (graduating in December), so once she gets a job we should be able to afford to take some trips again.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Yep, BM SP makes no sense at times.  Do they check all the woods for obstacles that are no longer restricted?  LOL.

Yeah and poor Rodney gets caught up in soaked snow and hole at the bottom of the Falls and gets injured, neither of which were marked.  Great job there SP!

Go figure...

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, Schif said:

I cannot tell you guys how bummed I am right now. I know I shouldn't complain because I was able to get out but I was on the snow for an hour and 45 minutes tonight and only managed to get 4 runs in. 3 of those were fun dips into the woods but still. I felt like I had gotten to a steakhouse late, they had run out of steaks and I had to wait an hour for only a salad. 

It was that crowded?

This storm has ruined general skiing for at least a week and a half. I'd take any day with Blue's trademarked lousy grooming over standing 30 mins per run in lines to enjoy... what exactly? Ugh. My forecast for the sunny tomorrow morning is 45 mins of skiing followed up by agony.

• Love 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

Yeah and poor Rodney gets caught up in soaked snow and hole at the bottom of the Falls and gets injured, neither of which were marked.  Great job there SP!

Go figure...

That was a few seasons ago and he broke ribs right?  Thought it was at the bottom of paradise. Reminds me of those Root rollers. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

58 minutes ago, eaf said:

This storm has ruined general skiing for at least a week and a half. I'd take any day with Blue's trademarked lousy grooming over standing 30 mins per run in lines to enjoy... what exactly? Ugh. My forecast for the sunny tomorrow morning is 45 mins of skiing followed up by agony.

Wow aren’t you positive and they don’t sell enough tickets for 30 minute liftlines..just enjoy the good snow and smile and can always do some Main Street chair laps 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Law said:

I just left and crowds weren't too bad, 6 run an hour type skiing. What your getting is very rare, very good snow in pa. Dry light snow of meaningful quantities is exceptionally rare here. 

This morning the groomers were western like and the last days saw exceptional shenanigans with friends all over the mtn. If you can't see the inate undeniable fun that comes with 2ft if fresh you should take up stamp collecting or yelling at clouds. 

I think I saw you drive by when I was heading down the access road to the top lot. The place is mobbed right now.