A New York Up-state of mind - 2021....

RidgeRacer

6 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

BMRT is in the house. Nice people. They took this of me and my daughter.

IMG_20210301_132028.jpg

Your daughter's jacket reminds me of this classic 90's cup and it doesn't get much better than that. What a damn classic. With the snow falling it sounds like you are in for a treat tomorrow! Hope her physics exam went well!

o-CUP-570.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Your daughter's jacket reminds me of this classic 90's cup and it doesn't get much better than that. What a damn classic. With the snow falling it sounds like you are in for a treat tomorrow! Hope her physics exam went well!

o-CUP-570.jpg

I just watched a video about that cup the other day. They were acquired by Solo cup a while ago and then Solo was acquired by Dart (most Styrofoam cups) so almost all of the iconic cups are from the same company now. 

o-CUP-570.jpg.564fdea6594685534c8245a68949ead6.jpg

Excellent analogy. Haha. She passed it... thankfully

Cold as balls. -6 in town and this from wf website...

3/2/21 at 5:24 am| Whiteface is currently without power at this time.  We anticipate wind affecting lift operations. Updates as they occur.

Not sure what today will bring. I'm definitely calling CML front desk to see if they'll give us a later check out...

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

3/2/21 at 5:24 am| Whiteface is currently without power at this time.  We anticipate wind affecting lift operations. Updates as they occur.

Not sure what today will bring. I'm definitely calling CML front desk to see if they'll give us a later check out...

Maybe stay an extra night and tomorrow a makeup day. Keep hope alive. 

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Maybe stay an extra night and tomorrow a makeup day. Keep hope alive. 

-21 at the summit and 60mph winds. Wow 

Shit happens. I probably should've gone with my gut and booked mid March bit it is what it is. Yesterday was hella fun as was the day before.

Update...power is back on at the mountain and the sun is bright. Only lifts turning are at kids campus however. They're working on the others. I'm heading over soon. Cobble gave us a noon check out. I mentioned Saltys name and they made it happen for me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Shit happens. I probably should've gone with my gut and booked mid March bit it is what it is. Yesterday was hella fun as was the day before.

Update...power is back on at the mountain and the sun is bright. Only lifts turning are at kids campus however. They're working on the others. I'm heading over soon. Cobble gave us a noon check out. I mentioned Saltys name and they made it happen for me.

Pretty sure you will have a good time no matter the circumstances. You make Blue sound like Val de Mesdì when you go and I expect the same for White Face.

2 beautiful cord runs off of facelift and in for a quick warm up. Lots of poe stashes on the sides of the trails courtesy of the wind. Fingers crossed for lookout and summit. We'll see. Either way facelift to mid mountain alone services the same amount of vert as mount sneaux. All good. Ok back out...

1 hour ago, toast21602 said:

Pretty sure you will have a good time no matter the circumstances. You make Blue sound like Val de Mesdì when you go and I expect the same for White Face.

I told BenM that PARidge would have given this morning at Blue an 8 our of 10 and for me it was just barely a 5. 

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

2 beautiful cord runs off of facelift and in for a quick warm up. Lots of poe stashes on the sides of the trails courtesy of the wind. Fingers crossed for lookout and summit. We'll see. Either way facelift to mid mountain alone services the same amount of vert as mount sneaux. All good. Ok back out...

Damn seems like your day turned around 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

glad to see things turned around pretty quick.

• Like 1

Damn seems like your day turned around 

For sure. I'm at whiteface. I'm skiing awesome snow. The sun is shining. This would be a 12 out of 10 at blue. Wind is an issue but I'm not at all going to complain about that. This place is empty too with the exception of a few locals.
  • Like 4

Back at the cobble mountain. Lunch break and waiting for my daughter to finish calc. shit sounds like another language not even sure what they're saying...wtf does the "N go to infinity" mean! Anyway class ends in 10 then back to the face. Still just the face lift running. We'll see happens though. Action shot from yesterday

PXL_20210301_193653190.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 6
  • Boner City 1
  • Haha 1