3/1 Plastic Bag Man

Johnny Law

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wahahahah I’ll be there for opening tomorrow expecting the snow to be fast...

Snow is hyper fast, a little more frozen than hero snow with no sun but pretty close and as fast as snow gets. Even the diz is a good time.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Johnny Law said:

I came up for a post rain session figuring empty bleachers and sure enough nobody is here. 

One of the few I have seen is a man fitting a plastic bag around his boot, the purpose of which eludes me. Waterproofing his boot ? Just one ? Does he keep his lunch in there ? 

20210301_121726.jpg

I’d say about 25% of the Bronx does the plastic bag over shoes whenever it rains lol

1 hour ago, mute1080 said:

Skied 6-730 with crusty snow and wind. It was empty and skied right on each time. The kid’s scared of falling suddenly so we didn’t get many runs going 3.5 mph. Still fun and beats not skiing.

One good thing about blue is they still run the lifts even in high winds.  A lot of places would only run fixed grip chairs in 30mph gusts. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

One good thing about blue is they still run the lifts even in high winds.  A lot of places would only run fixed grip chairs in 30mph gusts. 

don't the high speed lifts have a wind sensor that automatically trips if the gusts get too high?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Probably works a lot like the switch on my riding mower that USED to cut the engine if I got up off the seat.

Wouldn't that be bad though? Then people are stuck not moving on chairs while they sway all around