New Lift for Blue?

billskis

4 hours ago, Benm said:

not really reverse engineering, but i did look into it. it only gives an in stock value of yes/no (i expected that). maybe there is another way but i can't be bothered to try and figure it out. 

one way i'm thinking to get a hint -- some people are picking #s (which means there's a possibility it was plucked from them all) and others wanted to see what was available. this means that there are at least a few ppl at this point who have seen how many are laying around. commented on someone's FB post who got one, asking if they saw roughly how many were available. wondering if blue will remove it before i get a response.

Some pretty interesting comments, some of which have been posted here.  the one i find interesting is that Blue mentioned something about "limited quantities".  and thats one of two things........typical BM way of people to open up their purse strings and pony up, or, there are in fact limited quantities, like they sold 200 to Bear Creek, and they actually only have 50 to sell, which would make sense for their over the top price on them.  They are nice chairs, like nicer than what BB sold, but IMO not $1200 nice.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It would be better for Blue to sell 20 chairs at $1200 each than sell 50 at $400 each.  Shit our prices are more than some of our competition by sometimes 20-30%..

Eventually they will have to handle any chairs they dont sell.  Employees probably will want to be paid for doing that. Theres kind of a balance between making some coin on your junk, and having it all disappear with the least amount of effort. 

Towers coming down? It looks like there's someone(s) on a Burma tower on the cam, and its tough to tell but from the Valley cam there may be towers missing higher up

Ah, definitely coming down. Can see the crossmember of the uphill tower on the ground above where they are working.

Edited by enjoralas

A lot of kids smoked their first cigs on the Main Street and Burma chairs...RIP. I’ll have to look back in my high school archives when I used an Avocet watch like indiggio has and kept my stats on notebook paper and even made graphs for days of the week skied, days per month skied and all kinds of fun. I think the most rides in a day on the Main Street and Burma lifts I did was 47...that’s when I skied 7:30-5 on weekends and took a lunch break.  I’d usually pack a sandwich..put it in a locker and buy chips and a drink from vending machines.  If I was feeling speedy my go to was two slices of pizza or two hot dogs, pierogies and Coca Cola..cost a solid $8 for lunch back then unless I ran into a friend who’s mom worked at Blue then we’d get a whole pizza with her 50% discount. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Yep. I don't know if I ever remember there being a roof on that structure, though. Surprised it has been up that long.

Was it some type of emergency feature so if the power lines fell, it wouldn’t land on the cable and shock every lift chair? (I have no idea if this is even possible)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

Was it some type of emergency feature so if the power lines fell, it wouldn’t land on the cable and shock every lift chair? (I have no idea if this is even possible)

For some reason I thought it was for falling ice off of the lines. Could be wrong, though. 

• Confused 2

14 hours ago, theprogram4 said:

They should leave the weird metal structure  up as a memorial to the old double lifts.  I’m never figured out what it was, but I’m guessing something to do with the power lines that no longer run above it

maybe this helps. whether it is true or not, i dont know (via liftblog) -- 

image.png.8d64cfb49803db0435a4ae0f48ee69a1.png

• Like 1