Bear Creek 22/23 Season

antman12

Was up this morning for opening; chains dropped 10 minutes early! Snow was by far the best of the season! Skiers right on Broadway was ROTD, was fast, smooth and great until around 11:30. Wife lapped Extreme and Sasquatch and had great reports. Yes, she did that without me! I caught an edge right under F chair and provided entertainment for a number of people; after that my sciatica was hurting and took it easy for a bit. Real shame the weather forecast for next week sucks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

Short but fun session with @PSUFlyand @antman12..Once the sun dropped the snow started to firm up a bit...Only got four laps in cause the lift line was just maddening...Not the biggest fan of riding there when it gets a crowd...But always feels good to get out and slide on the snow....

20230208_184312.jpg

20230208_183229.jpg

LOL .Thanks for the cameo I'm in the second gate from right . 

Yeah it was nuts for a week night , Drexel kids and Basket weaving night . 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Glad to see they are making money. I learned to ski at BC. Has a special place in my heart 

I did as well ,first time was in 1970 . Oooff feeling old but my philosophy towards skiing is “I can’t drive 55 “ 

I counted 12 busses this afternoon. I passed on this evening. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Haha. I didn’t learn to ski until I was in my mid 40’s. Hooked the first group lesson I took at Bear. 

Wow that’s awesome! Beginning can be frustrating and the next day sore muscles. 
You certainly must have been in good shape. 

I took an Uncle out for the first time when he was in his 50’s . He really liked it but unfortunately had a serious illness a year later and quit. 

• Sad 1

Fun Friday Screaming Pizza 

3:45 lot filling up… B lift backed up headed to F lift… Ski on till 5:45 

Tonights little savages , 3 middle school girls screaming hysterically coming down Grizzly and turned under the lift,  at first I thought they were out of control but they were doing fine just having a blast. 

Grizzly bumps and some on Sasquatch were soft and fun . Timberline had a sea of Oak leaves. 

Edited by AirheadD8

11 hours ago, AirheadD8 said:

Fun Friday Screaming Pizza 

3:45 lot filling up… B lift backed up headed to F lift… Ski on till 5:45 

Tonights little savages , 3 middle school girls screaming hysterically coming down Grizzly and turned under the lift,  at first I thought they were out of control but they were doing fine just having a blast. 

Grizzly bumps and some on Sasquatch were soft and fun . Timberline had a sea of Oak leaves. 

Ski on to F lift till 545….on a Friday night?! Can’t beat that!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’ll have to check out the trail map.  Does F lift go all the way to the top?

No , A and B do . Getting to Sasquatch and Grizzly takes a bit of uphill to get to . 
Getting back to F lift from Sasquatch is not easy either without using A or B then using F again. Kind of a pain as F unloads on a knoll . 

Edited by AirheadD8

F is the top of the one side, you can get off and turn immediately right and be at top of Grizzley, turn immediately left and be at top of Extreme, turn left and very short distance to top of Sasquatch. Straight off lift and turn right and you are on Broadway. Elevation at top of F is just slightly lower than going up A or B. Yep, going down Sasquatch entails a ride on A or B to get back up. You can do Bear Pass and head by family park and then uphill poling to get to Sasquatch (only on really nice Sasquatch days!!) or do the Broadway to F and back up loop. Actually helps keep traffic down on Sasquatch as you have to loop to run it multiple times.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 8:06 PM, Kyle said:

On very very empty and fast days you can make it to F from Sasquatch if you carry enough speed with minimal skating required. Those days are far and few between though 

Tonight I found a way to lap Sasquatch , carry speed and arc around the last light pole ( check for traffic off E lift) get some air across lower Brown Bear and go between two pine trees. 
Ends up above the carpet on Teddy Bear , they blew a crossover under E lift that makes it easy to get to Sun Bear back to F lift. I got my laps down to 8 minutes gate to gate. 

Nice night , one run on Grizzly bumps.
I worked on setting a small bump line on lower part of Sasquatch and lapped it all night. 6:45 close 

5DDC9F5E-626C-4D69-8C11-8CA82B64D2F2.png

• Like 5
  • Love 1

At BC for a late afternoon/evening session...First couple of laps had the snow was really soft and creamy..Once the sun set things started to firm up on areas less traveled...Just skied stuff off of the F chair....They got some brown stuff showing through a few places....and it's gettin thin on Extreme...Skied for about an hour and a half and had a super good time....

20230213_172031.jpg

20230213_172630.jpg

20230213_173611.jpg

20230213_180205.jpg

20230213_180945.jpg

• Like 9

Snow was pretty sticky this morning but otherwise a fantastic Saturday morning. 30* and the sun was blasting on the freshly made overnight snow. Guns went off around 10 and no waits in A and B lift till I left at 12. Fun new park set up as well. 

• Like 4