Bear Creek 22/23 Season

antman12

7 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Just posted to fb they’re open today with limited terrain and then closed Thursday until..? With hopes of having a snowmaking window Saturday night. 

yikes.

"hope to make it through the day" lol

image.thumb.png.b22dc1626490b68969834a48cc6202e9.png

Edited by antman12
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Sorry meant you.  The last time I was there was February of 1995 when I was 15 and it was Doe mountain.  Once and done for me.  

Wow , it’s worth a trip to see the difference even if you go for Dinner and not ski . 

The lodge is top notch and I think they added some trails since then . And added hotel rooms. I think they get around $300.00 night .

Every so often they let a trail bump up . It’s a good place for beginners. I haven’t been there to often even though it’s not far. 

2 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Wow , it’s worth a trip to see the difference even if you go for Dinner and not ski . 

The lodge is top notch and I think they added some trails since then . And added hotel rooms. I think they get around $300.00 night .

Every so often they let a trail bump up . It’s a good place for beginners. I haven’t been there to often even though it’s not far. 

I don’t think it’s worth the drive to see a fancy lodge.  I see enough of those on ski trips out west but glad a few still represent BC here.  

36 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I don’t think it’s worth the drive to see a fancy lodge.  I see enough of those on ski trips out west but glad a few still represent BC here.  

Lodge aside, it’s milf central and that’s worth the drive in itself 

It was a nice spring day noon until mid afternoon at least, and very few people - parked in the first row.  Soft snow is better than ice.

Bummed F lift wasn't spinning but oh well.  Hopefully they are able to make snow this weekend, they will almost be starting over.  Bare spots got a lot worse over the course of the afternoon, the top especially is pretty patched together.

20230104_143159.jpg

20230104_140945.jpg

20230104_160730.jpg

20230104_160736.jpg

Edited by abe
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, abe said:

Blue and Spring weren't even open today.  CB Shawnee and Montage were but idk what their snow depth looks like

I know that being open today would require grooming which at these sorts of temps melts more snow and also even a couple hundred skied making ten runs each in warm weather melts more snow then that sloppy soupy mush has to be groomed again in 50 something degree temps.  I just hope the weather moderates a bit.  

44 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I know that being open today would require grooming which at these sorts of temps melts more snow and also even a couple hundred skied making ten runs each in warm weather melts more snow then that sloppy soupy mush has to be groomed again in 50 something degree temps.  I just hope the weather moderates a bit.  

Probably a good move on their part to preserve snow.  It's supposed to get colder this weekend

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, abe said:

Probably a good move on their part to preserve snow.  It's supposed to get colder this weekend

Yeah, it really looks like Bear figured it wasn’t going to make it through the next couple days anyway, so might as well let ‘em ski it and make SOME money.

I think each hill probably made the best decision for what they had on the ground.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, abe said:

It was a nice spring day noon until mid afternoon at least, and very few people - parked in the first row.  Soft snow is better than ice.

Bummed F lift wasn't spinning but oh well.  Hopefully they are able to make snow this weekend, they will almost be starting over.  Bare spots got a lot worse over the course of the afternoon, the top especially is pretty patched together.

20230104_143159.jpg

20230104_140945.jpg

20230104_160730.jpg

20230104_160736.jpg

Yikes…I’ve seen more cover under B on closing day. A latitude system won’t solve all of their problems but it would at least give them the ability to stay open during the warm-ups and possibly open a bit earlier than they have the last few years. 

10 hours ago, abe said:

Blue and Spring weren't even open today.  CB Shawnee and Montage were but idk what their snow depth looks like

Spring wasnt open?  what about the sno cone snowmaking thing they bought?  supposed to make snow in any temp.  

• Like 2