Hisham Shahbaz will let me ski Camelback on Blue pass for $188

Transcienter

27 minutes ago, Kyle said:

No, you’ll likely get blue’s equivalent of the value pass m-f and weekends after 3. Not a chance in hell blue goes “fuck it, yeah send your restricted pass people over here and let me have at it whenever they want” 

Agreed, I'm sure that the Camel version Ben posted is only good to add to the blue off peak pass. Did they sell that pass outright this year? Or did you have to be in a school group to see it?

59 minutes ago, Benm said:

here you go 

https://www.camelbackresort.com/about-camelback/value-passholder-add-on/

fuck this is depressing. stay in the frontplater containment zone

It’s crazy that camelback has Blue pics and info on their website. Now camelback pass holders are gonna see that blue is way better.  If Bear creek did this they’d lose most of their pass holders.  

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Look forward to seeing what combined pass deal they offer for sale in Feb 2023-24. 

What was cheapest price Blue offered a full pass for this year?

Why don’t you just enjoy this season. You’re always looking ahead and contemplating everything.  

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

99% of blue skiers don’t want this.  Imagine how busy blue would have been the last 3 weeks if camelback season pass holders had access to Blue.  What area is only 75 minutes from Lawrenceville NJ?

Nowhere good:

Spring & Campgaw are 75 (and Big Snow 60 off peak)

Bear Creek and Shawnee are 90 min

Blue and Camelback 100 min

JF/BB 110 min

Mountain Creek 120

Those are the 10 closest of which I'd say Blue and Cbk are about tied for 1st.

Stretch it to 135-200 min and I prefer Montage, Elk, Whitetail or any of the 4 in Catskills (I don't prefer Roundtop, Liberty or Big Bear)

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

I guess we’ll see lots of folks skiing in jeans at Blue on the weekends. 

The same yahoos that ski blue ski camelback.  Jersey and Philly fucks..probably more NYers at the camel.  I don’t think the handful of camelback pass holders who upgrade their passes are skiing in jeans. 

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

I think they are pretty equal quality but distinct enough that I would like a pass with both options.

Blue has longer runs, CBK a wider variety of runs.

Both get stupid crowded by mid morning weekends - but probably easier to avoid crowds at CBK with their slower lift options, particularly now that the Bubble will be a draw and Blue has shut down its slower lifts. 

Would consider a 2 mountain pass for next year if priced reasonably.  That might replace either my Epic or Indy but I would still get one of those to ski further and better places. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski

25 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

I think they are pretty equal quality but distinct enough that I would like a pass with both options.

Blue has longer runs, CBK a wider variety of runs.

Both get stupid crowded by mid morning weekends - but probably easier to avoid crowds at CBK with their slower lift options, particularly now that the Bubble will be a draw and Blue has shut down its slower lifts. 

Would consider a 2 mountain pass for next year if priced reasonably.  That might replace either my Epic or Indy but I would still get one of those to ski further and better places. 

Here's my question for you though. Would you consider the 2 mountain pass next if it were reasonably priced next season? You haven't mentioned that at all.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 4:15 PM, Transcienter said:

I would need to ski 6 days at Camelback for this to make sense economically (based on what I consider the real value of a Camelback ski-day, that is).  And those would be six days I'm not skiing Blue.  Probably won't bite.

Sounds like a grate deal. 

• 9 months later...
On 12/15/2022 at 3:51 PM, saltyant said:

I would be really wary of clicking any links in that email. It might be a phishing scam because Agent Mackenzie at Blue Mountain official customer support never heard of it. Plus there is no mention of this $188 deal anywhere on the intrawebs. It would be totally worth it if you don't have to pay $12 to rent a stupid parking spot every time you want to ski Camelback, though I have been strongly lobbying via Facebook posts for all Blue Mountain Season passholders to be able to ski Camelback for free.

@saltyant how has camelback been?

• Confused 1