1/11/23…nice snow..sort of busy.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Amazing how it can go from so good to so bad in the course of a day.

Ridge sugar and ice is normal night skiing conditions.  The first day back from a ski trip is always a sad slap of reality but you’ll snap out of it this weekend when you’re riding the new six pack.  

• Like 1
  • Boner City 1

I actually thought conditions were pretty good for a night sesh. Just slow and sticky, was it like this for anybody else? Maybe I just need to get my board waxed.

What’s the cost and turnaround for a wax at the pro shop?

At mount snow you can get a quick wax done in literally like 20 minutes. It’s pretty sweet tbh. 

Just now, antman12 said:

I actually thought conditions were pretty good for a night sesh. Just slow and sticky, was it like this for anybody else? Maybe I just need to get my board waxed.

At mount snow you can get a quick wax done in literally like 20 minutes. It’s pretty sweet tbh. 

Slow snow for me earlier on tuts lane but new man made is slow and my skis are drier than Toasts vagina. 

1 minute ago, antman12 said:

I believe just a wax is about $25 or so.  If they’re not busy turnaround could be enough time for you to get a vanilla latte.  If it’s busy maybe an hour.  I need a full tune..wax..sharpen and base grind before Jackson hole.  90% of the time I ski at Blue wax is irrelevant but today it would have made a difference on the flats.  On razors and Main Street plenty of speed I wish a bit more hill sometimes lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I believe just a wax is about $25 or so.  If they’re not busy turnaround could be enough time for you to get a vanilla latte.  If it’s busy maybe an hour.  I need a full tune..wax..sharpen and base grind before Jackson hole.  90% of the time I ski at Blue wax is irrelevant but today it would have made a difference on the flats.  On razors and Main Street plenty of speed I wish a bit more hill sometimes lol

Oh really?! I thought it was a couple day turn around. Thanks. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Ridge sugar and ice is normal night skiing conditions.  The first day back from a ski trip is always a sad slap of reality but you’ll snap out of it this weekend when you’re riding the new six pack.  

Night conditions can be good a lot of the time, like in the spring. Tonight was not.  I hate sugar with the burning passion of 1000 suns. And its a staple at blue unfortunately 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

Pretty sure I said hi to @momskeeztoogoing to the lodge/bathroom at 5:10 but got denied. Still determined to say hi and ride together.

Don’t remember anyone saying hi to me this evening. Sorry. I was probably in a zone. Lodge is like another world when all the school kids are in there! Trying to get out Sunday morning, maybe take some runs with you folks then. Y’all will probably leave me in the dust, I’m a slow skier. I actually enjoy turning my skis. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Great session number two tonight. Very different conditions from this morning. Soft granular snow with push piles and excellent slush that was pushed in various ditches and spines.  Happy the lines weren’t ever that long. Was super fun to open them up this morning on razors and main then slow it down tonight on the same trails. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, momskeeztoo said:

Don’t remember anyone saying hi to me this evening. Sorry. I was probably in a zone. Lodge is like another world when all the school kids are in there! Trying to get out Sunday morning, maybe take some runs with you folks then. Y’all will probably leave me in the dust, I’m a slow skier. I actually enjoy turning my skis. 

Momskeeztoo we’ll ski a few runs with you if we see you on the slopes.  The difference between a fast skier and a slow skier on a run is like 30 seconds for a run.  Heck I was a solid 5-6 seconds behind atomic Jeff today and he still waited for me. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, antman12 said:

Oh really?! I thought it was a couple day turn around. Thanks. 

They were slow in the beginning of the year but I don’t think an hour turnaround on a weekend is out of the question. If I remember right it’s like $60 hand wax and $40 machine? Don’t forget the season pass discount if you have it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

They were slow in the beginning of the year but I don’t think an hour turnaround on a weekend is out of the question. If I remember right it’s like $60 hand wax and $40 machine? Don’t forget the season pass discount if you have it.

Good to know..thanks!

WJW @RidgeRacer you always seem to see conditions through rose colored glasses, you must have gotten spoiled in AZ, lol! I thought  tonight’s conditions were pretty good, some piles to bounce through but everything was edgable and fast’ish. I would have done more runs, the issue for me wasn’t the snow but the clusters of goobers skiing in every direction

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dirtwolf said:

Great session number two tonight. Very different conditions from this morning. Soft granular snow with push piles and excellent slush that was pushed in various ditches and spines.  Happy the lines weren’t ever that long. Was super fun to open them up this morning on razors and main then slow it down tonight on the same trails. 

Was looking for you guys…

11 hours ago, mute1080 said:

Bought a 5 pack of group lessons from school for the kid and we had the first one tonight. We’ve had private lessons previously and wanted her to get to socialize with other kids at the mountain. Well they had 5 boarders, 3 skiers, and 12 instructors when we showed so the kid had a private lesson 🤦 Instructors were super nice and said they’ve struggled a little bit this week. They lost all private lesson reservations from 1/6-1/20. Ouch.

Hmm.   Sounds like a future BMR candidate...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, mbike-ski said:

WJW @RidgeRacer you always seem to see conditions through rose colored glasses, you must have gotten spoiled in AZ, 

Just kinda over crap conditions like cookies and sugar, snowcone what it is type of snow. But on the positive side, most blue mountain skiers can go anywhere out west and ski like a baller because of it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, mute1080 said:

That's crazy... WJW $60?? Good thing I bought my own equipment and wax. It's pretty easy to DIY. From what I understand machine Wax is basically a waste of money except you go fast for one run or something 

Edited by saltyant

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

The difference between a fast skier and a slow skier on a run is like 30 seconds for a run.  Heck I was a solid 5-6 seconds behind atomic Jeff today and he still waited for me. 

If I use hyper wax on my skis and duck down to the ground I can sort of still recognize Atomic Jeff on the horizon

Edited by saltyant