Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

That's some siiiick perd. Booting indoors is for gapers, I ain't got no time for that. Looks like some Jerry fell around the 23 minute mark. @NastarGlennlikes to yell "Jerry" whenever he see me off in the distance, or someone that looks like me with a red hoodie.

OMG that’s so messed up..I bet they’re upset Lloyds isn’t open yet. 

• Sad 1

Wow!  Just read Alterra in a buying Arapahoe basin. I don’t really ski there much but my oldest loves that mountain. 

in other news I see Jackson Hole is staying independent and selling to a local family. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barb said:

Wow!  Just read Alterra in a buying Arapahoe basin. I don’t really ski there much but my oldest loves that mountain. 

in other news I see Jackson Hole is staying independent and selling to a local family. 

Ugh a basin has soul,  if they kill the beach is it really abasin ? 

Could you imagine the day where you hope your local hill gets bought by a super rich dude but here we are.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Shadows said:

It's already dead. Paid parking. Gtfo

I thought they had gone back after they split from Epiq and not everything was pay.

It just dawned on me too Vail resorts had to sell Abasin to Canadians due to antitrust when they just owned Vail and BC. How can Alterra and VR end up owning all the resorts and that's ok ? 

Is WP city owned or Alterra ? Aspen Ski Co isn't theirs but they are in on KSL....Mother fucking capitalism. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wow all that practice on Barbs way and you were able to pull off that steezy trick.  

To much degeracy for the real time, or post sesh report this trip 🤣

@DiMe I'm hella jell-o. First time at Killington? That mountain has a special place in my heart as it was my first big mountain. It's where I took my profile avatar picture. Each run there is like a magical journey through trails like Dust Bunny Buster, Launch Pad, and my favorite, Grate Eastern. 

Bear Cub sucks though. Fudge that stupid run.

Edited by saltyant

3 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I guess y’all found a brewery 

We checked out Garlic, Jax, Wobbly Barn, not to much going on there midweek.  Met some cool people on the ganjola rides from locals to tourists we rode around with.  VT seems to have an extra cool vibe now that they went rec legal.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I guess y’all found a brewery 

It was kind of cool to go out on the smokers patio at Wobby waiting for entrees and burn a doob.  All the workers said was, we're glad to know now your good and hungry! 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Hopefully there will be something iconic laced in like 25% off other resorts

Blue used to give a free Stowe card which was their 50% off weekday 24% off frequent skier card to season passholders..also a free subscription to one of the ski rags. 

I still have never been to a season pass holder party…

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Some additional perks. 

+2 FREE Summit Adventure Park, Outdoor Laser Tag, Scenic Lift Ride AND Bike Park Tickets
+20% Off Glamping reservations

also 20% off retail 

I bet @MattEDGE will take them up on that offer for 20% off Glamping reservations. I think he likes to take his dates to Glamp.