Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

Just now, saltyant said:

@Ski2Live Live2Ski Be sure to post a Roundtop report in the Blue Mountain thread!!

Wow I checked PASR just in the Nick of time..I was thinking the same thing and Roundtop is pretty far south so prob hero snow and no crowds either…WTGAI Ski2Live…

Salty are you skiing Blue tomorrow?  

• Like 1

Just now, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Salty are you skiing Blue tomorrow?  

Yep, will be skiing with my brah from college. He hasn't skied in quite a while due to having young children. Should be rad, it'll be a long session and maybe we'll stop by the parking lot

18 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Yep, will be skiing with my brah from college. He hasn't skied in quite a while due to having young children. Should be rad, it'll be a long session and maybe we'll stop by the parking lot

I think tomorrow morning could be some pretty good skiing. I might be critical of conditions but just comparing vs when it was the best of times also when things were bleek earlier in the season.  

• Thanks 1

Yeah hit RT sat and Hunter Sun. Excellent conditions both placed both days - Spring like at RT, firm but carveable at Hunter. Between the two we wound up driving as far as we would have hitting Mt Snow, but that was not an option as kids had a Gospel Choir performance on Sat Nt. The way this season is going we get in the turns when we an.

Also had a guy I met my last trip to Hunter who is training for PSIA cert give the kids a complimentary private lesson while we were there which was a wonderful way to improve their form. Tried to offer him $ after but he declined. Expect he is quite well off as he has a trail side condo at Hunter. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Did you know that little round top is located near round top mountain in nearby Gettysburg…on the battlefield actually. the confederate army attempted to storm little round top to get the coveted higher ground. It didn’t pan out and the confederate army was pushed back. Had that happened there’s a good chance the south wins the battle, storms Washington and wins the war. Picketts charge happened near little round top on day 3. That effectively ended the battle and was the turning point of the war. Gettysburg is an amazing yet somber place. The country as we know it would perhaps not be had it not been for the events that occurred there. Probably best that I stop now as I can go on and on about the civil war.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Did you know that little round top is located near round top mountain in nearby Gettysburg…on the battlefield actually. the confederate army attempted to storm little round top to get the coveted higher ground. It didn’t pan out and the confederate army was pushed back. Had that happened there’s a good chance the south wins the battle, storms Washington and wins the war. Picketts charge happened near little round top on day 3. That effectively ended the battle and was the turning point of the war. Gettysburg is an amazing yet somber place. The country as we know it would perhaps not be had it not been for the events that occurred there. Probably best that I stop now as I can go on and on about the civil war.

As a kid I took yearly trips there with my dad. Definitely a fascinating place.  I thought the observation tower was awesome but most people hated it and were happy to see it demolished 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

As a kid I took yearly trips there with my dad. Definitely a fascinating place.  I thought the observation tower was awesome but most people hated it and were happy to see it demolished 

Why didn’t they like the observation tower?  I’m adding Gettysburg to my PA bucket list..I’ve driven 15 near Gettysburg about 35 times and never went beyond the sheetz or Burger King at one of the Gettysburg exits.  One guy I know used to take his son for a weekend there every year and they’d came in the fields and then stayed at some old school huge hotel and conference center where the Demaloys do their jamborees. 

24 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Bigger balls than brain.  @saltyant how was camelback today?

Idk, I decided to partake in summer activities today. Maybe I'll ski at Blue one last time next weekend for the grand finale before my trip to Park City.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I used to ski on the Elan S12 in a 176 the longest they made and those were nice skis but not as good as Kastles.  

Today I concluded my Elons can fit in my toy aircraft which is rad. I don't even need to get Bigfoot skis like Toast. I bet @AtomicSkier couldn't fit Kastles in the toy plane, though.

IMG_20240303_100709257_HDR.thumb.jpg.b3d729415de71daf0d37dfbac7e8d1fe.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Today I concluded my Elons can fit in my toy aircraft which is rad. I don't even need to get Bigfoot skis like Toast. I bet @AtomicSkier couldn't fit Kastles in the toy plane, though.

IMG_20240303_100709257_HDR.thumb.jpg.b3d729415de71daf0d37dfbac7e8d1fe.jpg

This is getting good…@Salty would flying in ski boots be FAA regulated what about wearing your helmet..I’m thinking of fantastic space saving options…borrow poles from the rental shop..or better get get collapsable poles….

• Boner City 1

Did you all see that Jon from Jon & Kate Plus 8 was DJing at camelback?

is this real?? 😂😂

also this is the type of content that needs to be on Pocono Television 

IMG_6179.jpeg.2f6df10c00b56cb45c66d1586b4274dc.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, skiincy said:

Did you all see that Jon from Jon & Kate Plus 8 was DJing at camelback?

is this real?? 😂😂

also this is the type of content that needs to be on Pocono Television 

IMG_6179.jpeg.2f6df10c00b56cb45c66d1586b4274dc.jpeg

He’s from the reading area and he’s FB friends with a DJ I know and I trolled him in comments lol but that’s back when I was immature and tactless.  

O’Doyle rules.  And his ex wife has the Karen haircut and crazy Courtney has her same haircut. It’s definitely a high maintenance cut. 

0726003C-30D1-4BE3-9797-6E740974E32D.jpeg

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I don't know what red means, I don't ski Yurp like @eaf

Then you sort of know what red means..oh and you’re going to Utah..have you heard about soaking?  My friend Dennis who lived in Utah and worked at deer valley was telling me about it..it doesn’t involve a Jacuzzi that would be a soak before a soak.  

• Thanks 1