Ski Season 23-24 thread

RidgeRacer

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

It shows how much longer lasting the early runs held up that they blew on all season vs the late arrivals.  

2 hours ago, indiggio said:

Imagine Blue blowing a Challenge glacier all season and just run the Comet into late April.

Never forget.

image.png.af4a440f950f6ea4b482b753d7b26d63.png

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

On my list of videos to watch and his kicking horse video was all time. 

Same conditions we had at Kicking Horse, with the top socked in with clouds and snow.
I don't know where that scary run was.

10 hours ago, indiggio said:

Same conditions we had at Kicking Horse, with the top socked in with clouds and snow.
I don't know where that scary run was.

I’ll find a different kicking horse video where the traverse is like this knife edge thing but I don’t like exposure.  

Lucas got three free days of heli skiing for being a content creator.  

• Like 1

@EdBacon you’d like this.  When I was a kid I studied topo maps galore at the library back before google earth and altimeter watches were a thing and have been to West Point and bear mountain so familiar with the ski hill.  I also had a tour of the naval academy with my camp in fifth grade and that was rad got to see the 10 meter platform diving boards. Higher than a Mofo. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Dropped 3 pair of skis off for end of skison tuning today instead of hitting Hunter. 

It's over 😞

508k vert over 33 of 128 days

Enjoyed it fully.

Will hold me till late November 

Thanks for posting and using the stats manager. Any idea how many miles you drove this season?  I’ll take a guess I’d say you drove 7-8k miles this season puts you in the top five for dedicated PASRS

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

33 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Thanks for posting and using the stats manager. Any idea how many miles you drove this season?  I’ll take a guess I’d say you drove 7-8k miles this season puts you in the top five for dedicated PASRS

Probably a little over 7k, maybe close to 8k with the ground miles (most via shuttle) on CO trip included. And 14 nights of hotels. Much bigger expenses than ski passes. But great having something like this to share with my teens when so many of us are glued to our phones.

If each of my 34 days was a roundtrip to Blue it would have still been about 6k miles, but no hotels. 

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski