Friday 12/8..second opening day.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

14 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Hey All,

I’m back from a fun morning session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 825am and it was 33 degrees under mostly cloudy sky’s.  In the house were Atomic Jeff, Mute, PARidge, C1, Dirtwolf, Toast, Bethlehem ford crew, Rodney’s crew and Airhead.  

Leisurely start and maybe the 6th civilian super summit safari six pack.  Easy out and vista had pleasant almost packed powder conditions, the beginning of midway wasnt bad, firm but some grip and lower down was uneven and slick, kind of rolly Polly on lower main.  Leading into Barbs way was also pretty slick and the move was doing a Tokyo drift.   

Almost every run skied the same route and it got progressively busier…coverage was fine, I skied burma once and was decent and a little slick in the corners..just so many people on it. Lots of beginners, boomers and snowboarders out today.  It felt downright warm and the temperature rose to the 40s real fast.  

After skiing had a beer in the lot with Mute and back at work now…best thing is my office manager sold a $5800 tombstone while I was skiing…that’s always the best.  Ski some of you tomorrow 

JADIP

2C464541-9382-491D-BDD8-76A4C9E9F354.jpeg

Not a bad morning for sure. Side country was super just like @indiggio mentioned last Friday (vitsta) but add Main st skiers left. Spent most of my time there . Rode the quad once and Burma once. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Less coverage than last weekend 

Thats not exactly encouraging.  We need them to get done with that, so they can move onto Razors, so then after Razors they can move onto more trails that we can ski.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just got back from Blue the True!  Had a late start because of a bacon craving this morning.  I forgot how long it takes to cook a pack!  Arrived in the lower lot and parked near the main street express about 9:15.  Got about 10 or 11 laps in and called it a day. 

Took a ride up the comet to see the snowmaking progress.  Looks to me like paradise and freefall will need a solid 24-48 hours of snowmaking to open still but some decent progress had been made.  Will be back in the morning for what I'm sure will be JADIP.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

Thats not exactly encouraging.  We need them to get done with that, so they can move onto Razors, so then after Razors they can move onto more trails that we can ski.  

In my opinion it’s about keeping existing terrain open…2-3” of rain coming later this weekend and a couple days of warmth so when it gets cold again they’ll have to resurface. 

Great day but a bit congested at times. I got cut off and made a quick turn to avoid a Pizza girl and cut off a boarder on upper vista. 
Started me wondering how much Ikon will affect the crowds this year?
My friend Paul chatted up and older woman on the 6 .  I didn’t hear whole conversation but turned away and cracked up when he said to her “You don’t look a day over 70” she laughed and said 67. 😳
She Ikon day tripped from Baltimore  🫤 

TBD 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

Great day but a bit congested at times. I got cut off and made a quick turn to avoid a Pizza girl and cut off a boarder on upper vista. 
My friend Paul chatted up and older woman on the 6 .  I didn’t hear whole conversation but turned away and cracked up when he said to her “You don’t look a day over 70” she laughed and said 67. 😳

TBD 

There will be more people cause of Ikon and I’m sure some camelback regulars have infiltrated Blue since they’re not open yet and I’m sure some Bear creek regulars.  I’ve been watching the Vista cam looking for Dirtwolf and Matt Edge..it’s chaotic and I heard the super summit safari six pack was down so everybody was taking the quad.  

1 hour ago, AirheadD8 said:

TBD 

Paul was close.  I usually guess ten years under just to be sure.  I got yelled at by an 85 year old yesterday…but she’s still my friend.  

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I figured you were bored watching the cams . How big is your delivery truck? You could charge $ hauling disgruntled skiers up to top lodge. 

More than 16 feet long in the bed cause that’s the biggest job we’ve done so far with this truck.  If everybody sits butt to nuts tobaggan style could prob fit 69 people or so.  Sheesh if a large Chrysler from the late 80s fits about 20 then yeah prob almost 70..charge $5 a pop you have tree fiddy.  And have only had one and a half drinks so far. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

More than 16 feet long in the bed cause that’s the biggest job we’ve done so far with this truck.  If everybody sits butt to nuts tobaggan style could prob fit 69 people or so.  Sheesh if a large Chrysler from the late 80s fits about 20 then yeah prob almost 70..charge $5 a pop you have tree fiddy.  And have only had one and a half drinks so far. 

Just started, this one’s should go in the beer thread. Pretty can ! 

IMG_4529.png

• Like 2