12-23

RidgeRacer

Fun day at Blue today. In the house (that I saw. But I'm oblivious) we're JFDan, atomicskier, Dirtwolf, Ryan, Ben, mbike, mix, nastar Glenn and lots of others. Guns were ablaze very early on. Excellent, top notch conditions those first few runs on vista, mid, lower main. Grippy and fast snow. In fact that particular run held the whole morning which was nice. Next up was lazy which is indeed open. The snow wasn't bad but it was filled with rollers and divots (and people). First run on it was good. Cookie free too which was a plus. Kinda narrow though meaning lots of braking, especially later on. Coming soon was a mess, slick and divots everywhere. Didn't ski paradise. Overall a good day but the crowds ultimately descended as did the race team who was seemingly everywhere today. All told it was a good day and the crowds did seem a bit spread out more ... especially those first few runs when everyone went to lazy and we got to rip vista, mid, main on great snow. Perhaps the runs of the year so far.

IMG_20231223_082500_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20231223_073040_HDR~3.jpg

• Like 9

Midway to lower main didnt disappoint.  Coming soon did.  Might have been ok earlier, but after sucking down a bunch of runs on midway, coming soon was slick with pockets of snow, and it was littered with the race team.  They installed some ripples on coming soon which i didnt think were there yesterday.  Lazy was wall to wall people, and just pretty comical at best.  Snow was actually better than the typical opening day for a trail i thought.  not quite as crowded today as i thought it would be, but still crowded.  Production on Razors for 24 hrs of really marginal snowmaking was disappointing at best.  A+ for effort by Blue, but it shows that temps well below 30 degrees are what we need.  

• Like 5

Vista/Midway/Lower Main was good...The rest was meh... TCS was slickety slick....Lazy was a big rumble strip...Although to be fair Paradise wasn't bad until you got past the TCS intersection...and somehow caught a somewhat empty run down Burma(with a couple of patrol at corners)....Big crowds with BMR and kooks ....Still better than sittin at home watchin cartoons with a bowl of Fruity Pebbles....

• Like 4

The crazies were definitely out yesterday.

They didn't have a rope or closed trail signs across Raceway. 
Guess the obvious single pile of snow wasn't enough to indicate to some people it was a closed trail, so they decided the fast-grass looked fun and made multiple runs down it.

Didn't take long for SP to rope it off.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, indiggio said:

The crazies were definitely out yesterday.

They didn't have a rope or closed trail signs across Raceway. 
Guess the obvious single pile of snow wasn't enough to indicate to some people it was a closed trail, so they decided the fast-grass looked fun and made multiple runs down it.

Didn't take long for SP to rope it off.

I love that every day at Blue is gaper day.  

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 2:59 PM, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Yes yes Mr. Rajeev, bring your sister Jaya and a goat to grill in the Blue mountain hill station car park. 

You, me, Rajeev, his sister Jaya Singhvi, my sister, and MattEdge should all make pilgrimage to Blue snowtubing hill station on New Years Eve. Afterwards we can transfer to Tobyhanna Dunkin Donut establishment to cook donut over an open fire.

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

You, me, Rajeev, his sister Jaya Singhvi, my sister, and MattEdge should all make pilgrimage to Blue snowtubing hill station on New Years Eve. Afterwards we can transfer to Tobyhanna Dunkin Donut establishment to cook donut over an open fire.

That sounds grate..TFTI..maybe Matt edge will bring his sister as well.