1/19 Snoooooowwww !

Johnny Law

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Enjo and I have had some interesting adventures around Blue during powder days. I got stuck in the Burma woods and it sucked trying to get out. We did successfully ski the bike park in the middle of the mountain somewhere which was probably the gnarliest terrain I've ever been on in the northeast, definitely in PA

I will have to join in on the off piste adventures sometime.

• Boner City 2

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

That’s back when you were a jerry.  

Correct. I could probably ski the T-Bar line now. Ive done some gnarly runs out in Steamboat and Breckenridge, two of the most expert places there are

2 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

Hopefully they dont put park BS on there for the 15 people at Blue that do that.  Nothing sucked about today.  

They got to move the park on Barb’s. It is a zoo with people going to summit lift. No room for the park rats to use the features. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Enjo and I have had some interesting adventures around Blue during powder days. I got stuck in the Burma woods and it sucked trying to get out. We did successfully ski the bike park in the middle of the mountain somewhere which was probably the gnarliest terrain I've ever been on in the northeast, definitely in PA

This was all like 3-4 days after that big storm 3 years ago too. I was actually out at Copper while it was dumping here. But there was so much from that storm, and it stayed cold, that all the off trail areas were still well in play. But some of them had gotten skied so much they were super slick and packed down, like the T bar line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

They got to move the park on Barb’s. It is a zoo with people going to summit lift. No room for the park rats to use the features. 

You are totally right.  Waiting for my friend to send me a clip of today dodging bodies and getting blocked like a black curtain by dads and kids cutting in front of features only to lip side hit or cut out of line with it.  Literally zero respekt given to the park rats.  

Edited by DiMe

36 minutes ago, DiMe said:

At Blue it used to be that if you skied off piste the ski patrollers would be piste off…a couple seasons ago everything was in play…the bike trails mess up a lot of the tree skiing and the famous Marquee route. 

39 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Today was a good day for that if you choose wisely. Under the Quad uphill from Razors and a couple other areas. 

Kudos to Blue today for controlling the cattle. I stayed on the Quad most of the afternoon. They paired everyone up and the lift only stopped once in 3hrs I was there! 

Great day 12-5 session with only a short break, I felt 20 years younger all day. Rotd ended up a perfectly timed accident. I was drooling over the fresh carpet on Razors when I saw 2 tracks down, Patrollers? Yeah . I spotted a crowd at the rope! Yes , skate and hit speed right as the rope dropped! 

Later runs were ok . Most of the mountain is in pretty good shape. Lazy was quite crowded but ok if you kept your speed down due to washboards. 

Jay has its “Jay Cloud “ Blue has “Nightmare cloud” crazy micro climate all day over the top of Nightmare . Great job Blue!

Ps Park is a total shit show at the entrance! 

Edited by AirheadD8
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

15 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

I have a feeling they will soon move the features over to Central since thats ready to open up and return Barbs Way to a normal runnout.  I'm cool with that but I do really enjoy Barbs Way midweek.  Plenty room for the rats and the regular skiers and riders passing through in harmony.

20 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I could probably ski the T-Bar line now. Ive done some gnarly runs out in Steamboat and Breckenridge, two of the most expert places there are

You’re definitely almost a Gerald now you can pocono shuffle with the best of em.  I like when you make a lot of short turns on the super steep challenge run and reminds me of my windshield wipers going back and forth..it’s radical.  @saltyant after I return from JH, we can meet up at the Ciocca Subaru service center. I’ll introduce you to the ladies at the loaner car department and we can sip complimentary deer park water and hot cocoa.  There’s even free popcorn in the showroom.  

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I’ve never skied Breck…it’s always like $169 to ski there when I’m out there and ABasin and Loveland $100 or less…I skied steamboat for two days in 2014 and back then it was about $100 a day.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DiMe said:

You are totally right.  Waiting for my friend to send me a clip of today dodging bodies and getting blocked like a black curtain by dads and kids cutting in front of features only to lip side hit or cut out of line with it.  Literally zero respekt given to the park rats.  

Blue shouldn’t have a park on their busiest run.  They could actually make a narrow entrance for more fuckery in hopes of getting more people onto homestretch…once Central Park opens up, should spread things out a little.  There’s also the little cut through meant for ski patrol that goes under the OG six pack from homestretch back to lower barbs way and can have some real nice snow but better keep your head on a swivel cause always seems to be somebody at that mini merge 

• Like 2
  • Boner City 1

4 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue shouldn’t have a park on their busiest run.  They could actually make a narrow entrance for more fuckery in hopes of getting more people onto homestretch…once Central Park opens up, should spread things out a little.  There’s also the little cut through meant for ski patrol that goes under the OG six pack from homestretch back to lower barbs way and can have some real nice snow but better keep your head on a swivel cause always seems to be somebody at that mini merge 

I cant disagree but options are limited with terrain available.  They only did the upper school hill lastvyear because the new 6 pack wasnt ready but that is a pretty steezy option considering you can hot lap it up there with the carpet.  Despite the cluster Barbs Way has been on the busy days; it has truly been enjoyable on quiet weekdays and its builds have been very progression minded.  I tip my hat.

Edited by DiMe

25 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I cant disagree but options are limited with terrain available.  They only did the upper school hill lastvyear because the new 6 pack wasnt ready but that is a pretty steezy option considering you can hot lap it up there with the carpet.  Despite the cluster Barbs Way has been on the busy days; it has truly been enjoyable on quiet weekdays and its builds have been very progression minded.  I tip my hat.

Blues park Crue is always top touch and has progressed from the early days when they stood next to the big dawg booters smoking cigs and laughing at the wipeouts.  They’ve progressed now they vape. 

46 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Said clip lol.  Came off the FDF early but the cam got cut off onto the next box by a random pops bumped into camera man, then knocked into the tail of my board as I was going for the double barrel rail lol.  All to dodge the features after cutting anyone approaching off lol,  no respekt.

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Just keep it on Come around, then you have a dedicated run and there is plenty of space to hike a rail or you can just run the goofy ass Vista chair. 

Add in Lower Side and what used to be the half pipe trail but keep whatever its called open to go to the lift

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blue shouldn’t have a park on their busiest run.  

Agree, I hate that crap. Nothing against park people but when they're going off jumps I worry they'll crash into me or in frort of me. Plus it gets narrow A.F. avoiding all those thingamabob park things. I don't feel like doing the flat run to skip the park, way too much poll planting and exertion. 

1 minute ago, DiMe said:

Said clip lol.  Came off the FDF early but the cam got cut off onto the next box by a random pops bumped into camera man, then knocked into the tail of my board as I was going for the double barrel rail lol.  All to dodge the features after cutting anyone approaching off lol,  no respekt.

Mad props for navigation, that's like trying to slide rails on the OC boardwalk 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Blues park Crue is always top touch and has progressed from the early days when they stood next to the big dawg booters smoking cigs and laughing at the wipeouts.  They’ve progressed now they vape. 

I still remembwr the school bus and cement mixer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Law said:

Just keep it on Come around, then you have a dedicated run and there is plenty of space to hike a rail or you can just run the goofy ass Vista chair. 

Add in Lower Side and what used to be the half pipe trail but keep whatever its called open to go to the lift

Not opposed but I certainly would not want to have to wait until tomorrow in the season for a park to play in.