Sale rumors...

paul45

i feel like Ski resorts being sold is like the worst kept secret ever, so if it was true, we would know more.  Personally i think its just a rumor.  

Did you guys hear that Blue Mt was going to expand the paid parking to include a free car wash?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Remember in 2020 when the rumor was Kalahari bought them?  

It would actually make some sense to turn it into a Kalahari type place.  i mean, theres a ton of vacant land around it, but who knows if it is usable, or owned by those miserable people near the base.  

8 hours ago, EdBacon said:

Lift ride rumors that this happened. Grain of salt and all that. Word was the price tag was $30 million. 

That's a hell of a price. Hunter sold to Peak Resorts for 36 million in 2015. If that's true I would have to guess there's a bunch of land that came with it.

2 hours ago, rgrwilco said:

That's a hell of a price. Hunter sold to Peak Resorts for 36 million in 2015. If that's true I would have to guess there's a bunch of land that came with it.

The largest parcel, and the area with the slopes on the right middle is "Elk Mountain Ski Center"

There are 3 other large parcels bordering that belonging to "moores motor inc", from gladwyne, and if im not mistaken, thats the family that owns it?  or am i dreaming that one up?  Also another parcel owned by Elk Herrick Properties from Gladwyne as well. So, if all of that property is "Elk", then yes.  lots of land.  GIS is fun.  

image.thumb.png.d2e311a1e2c77c3f1dcd0a09f702f3f9.png

Still all 100% lift ride rumors.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Benm said:

Elk would be way more attractive if my first thought wasn't sitting on a slow fixed grip for twenty minutes a run. 

That’s why I haven’t been back since 1995.  Were already spending 75% of the time riding the lift at Blue. At elk it’s probably like 85% of the time. 

31 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Wait what is going on here..

The quad at Blue Mountain was down for a while this morning. It appeared several patrons were stuck on it. At lunch today with my brah, I opened this thread and read "quad is broken again" by @Jn959. Not to be confused with @jnr231. So I assumed he was referring to the Blue Mountain quad. Later today I realized the was actually referring to the Elk Mountain quad and not Blue's. So two quads were broken today at Blue Mountain and at Elk, Vermont. Since I failed to ensure maximum thread integrity go ahead and give me a strike 2.

Edited by saltyant

10 minutes ago, saltyant said:

The quad at Blue Mountain was down for a while this morning. It appeared several patrons were stuck on it. At lunch today with my brah, I opened this thread and read "quad is broken again" by @Jn959. Not to be confused with @jnr231. So I assumed he was referring to the Blue Mountain quad. Later today I realized the was actually referring to the Elk Mountain quad and not Blue's. So two quads were broken today at Blue Mountain and at Elk, Vermont. Since I failed to ensure maximum thread integrity go ahead and give me a strike 2.

Thanks for the update @SaltyAnchovy..I was thinking Blue mountain in canada. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1