Two 1324

JFskiDan

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

I heard it wasn't so good because it was wet heavy snow and not light fluffy champagne powder.

Wet and heavy it was but if you pointed it straight and kept your tips/nose up you were float knee to dick deep this morning!  Switchback was nutty pointing it and busting through the snowmaking piles like pillow drops.  JADIP.  Fresh lines all the way till about 11am with no people until the afternoon.  Uppersiderwinser was deeeep, not a scratch on my base either. :rock

20240213_091024.jpg

Edited by DiMe
  • Like 3

Top 3 PA POW day of my life.  Literally rode onto the lift with no people and cut fresh lines till 11.  Deep enough that if you fell in spots you were stuck unless you got into someones line to get momentum again.  The few Jerrys who made it out early were parked in pow struggling, leavin the freshies untouched.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Top 3 PA POW day of my life.  Literally rode onto the lift with no people and cut fresh lines till 11.  Deep enough that if you fell in spots you were stuck unless you got into someones line to get momentum again.  The few Jerrys who made it out early were parked in pow struggling, leavin the freshies untouched.

Hit the Burma woods?

Wow.  Glad you guys got some!

That heavy snow sometimes is better than light powder.  Bonds to the icy man made better after it starts forming bumps, it becomes really nice to ski.

It's just not easy turning first tracks kind of stuff.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

I would like to give Blue a little credit today. They had employees there, and both lifts loaded basically on time. 

i dont think they fucked anything up today. Nice work Blue!  

How much snow did they officially get? 

1 hour ago, theprogram4 said:

Damn kicking myself for missing sidewinder, I thought it was closed.  Got my edges sharpened on Sunday and of course hit a rock while making a turn on switchback 🤦‍♂️.  I knew the risks though🤷‍♂️

Ducked the rope at about 940 on Sidewinder.  Both Switch and Side when they were untouched were hard pressed to clip a rock cutting a fresh line but once tracked up got a little sketch.  Such a good day.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, momskeeztoo said:

What a fun, fun day. Took me 2 1/2 hours to get there, but so worth it. Most of the problems on 309 and 78. Everything bumped up, no crowds. They even had a demo day going! 

I chatted with a few people that said 309 was a problem. I didnt have problems until the sheetz on 145, cars sliding and couldnt get going at the light. Then i got behind a box truck that shouldnt have been out on the roads. Then behind a line of cars, and for some reason we had to stop on a hill to watch some guy make love to the embankment in the other lane, kinda did a dicey pass there to get around those. No traffic for me going up blue mt drive. 
oh, and i learned the demo day thing was buckmans employees only.

• Like 3