3/15/24 Thin and Empty

Dirtwolf

Just back from another quick session this morning.  For some reason I thought it was cooler than yesterday so was quite a bit over dressed.  As others have mentioned things are getting quite thin in places.  Rode razors a few times, lazy and chute to lower main.  Razors was real nice corn on the headwall and the bump line down skiers left after the headwall was very fun.  Lazy had thin cover lollipops they don't lie.  It is laughably thin through the mid-section and will be plenty rowdy in the best way this weekend (if it stays open).  Chute continues to deliver the goods and lower main is holding up except for the crevasse and regular shit stains that have been there the past few days. 

See y'all in the morning.

• Like 4

Skied with Edge, benm, lady M and Ridge....holy fuck is it getting interesting, lots of mandatories or your in the dirt. 

The water bar on dis has made an all snow passage impossible and everything has at least a spot of oh shit. Twice while route finding I ran out of snow. 

In all my years I've never seen it so thin and accordingly so technical. It was an absolute hootenany trying to ponce DeLeon your way down the hill without losing your ship to the rocks. Hyper fun, absolutely stellar night to be out.  

I'll run my shit straight through the shark teeth to get the goods but even by my standards I would highly advise the usage of your rock boards.

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

@Johnny Law said it best when he likend skiing tonight at blue to Ponce DeLeon exploring the high seas. Every single run was navigating... around some sort of bare, brown, rock, stone you name it. Some spots required a leap or mandatory dirt. I can't recall seeing blue this thin. Still fun no doubt, but a definite sense of relief, when done, if you and or your equipment made it out unscathed.  That kinda night for sure

IMG_20240315_183012_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240315_190431_HDR~2.jpg

Edited by RidgeRacer
  • Like 7

57 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

My expectations for tomorrow AM super low, especially if the temperature gets into the 30s overnight. 

Anything better than nothing in PA at this point.  It's going to be IKONIC!!!!!