I HATE THE STEPS IN FRONT OF THE PARK

yardsaleclothing

sound like a little baby complaining because he didnt get his way.

obviously, they are compromising their own safety. but why the hell do you care? and dont act like you do, because you dont. you just care that theyre messing shit up for you.

AND beginners do that all over the mountain, stupid. people lay down in the middle of a crowded trail on a double black diamond getting in the way of people above them speeding past trying to avoid them. what is the solution for that then?

all im saying is this conversation has been discussed many times. their is no fair solution and a park pass is not a fair solution. youre just blinded because that is what you want. blue just did what they thought is best. now get over it.

^^^^^^^

dear moron,

if you cant see the landing of a jump and there are people sitting, standing etc, and you hit them its your fault that you hit them and they can sue you for it, so if you feel like sitting in a courtroom for the next 2 years be my guest, because ive already had a few close calls one yesterday because the racers who think they own blue wouldnt move off the landing so i deciecded to make them move by doin a simple shift right by there faces and they werent very happy but i didnt care i wanted to ride and i go to in the park to have fun and progress not sit in there and ruin other peoples days when sitting on the landing where no one can see you so therefore jsong next time you have a thought just let it go dude.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no point in trying to argue with an idiot's argument.

what the hell is the point of responding? youre too dumb and thickheaded to listen that youll just keep bitching and complaining.

but yea, keep doing that. im sure blue will listen to a dumb shit like you when they have been in business for longer than you have been living.

im done

sound like a little baby complaining because he didnt get his way.

obviously, they are compromising their own safety. but why the hell do you care? and dont act like you do, because you dont. you just care that theyre messing shit up for you.

AND beginners do that all over the mountain, stupid. people lay down in the middle of a crowded trail on a double black diamond getting in the way of people above them speeding past trying to avoid them. what is the solution for that then?

all im saying is this conversation has been discussed many times. their is no fair solution and a park pass is not a fair solution. youre just blinded because that is what you want. blue just did what they thought is best. now get over it.

Where do you get this from. If YOU Hit someone, YOU and THE OTHER GET hurt, not just the other person.

It compromises both.

There's never going to be a perfect solution. Steps, moats, trenches, park passes, snipers, attack dogs, whatever ... each mountain is going to do what they feel is best for their particular situation. Park's at local mountains have come so far in such a short time. I remember when I was younger (I am only 27 now) that if you tried to creat a jump of some sort, ski patrol was there flattening it before you could even hit it.

As the saying goes, "You can please some people some of the time, but never all of the pople all of the time."

im done

This would imply that you presented a cohesive argument for any of your points. So far all I've heard you say has been something to the tune of "lol you guys are dumb crybabies who only care about yourselves who cares if there are people making the mountain unsafe they paid for a lift ticket just like you did!"

I can't believe you honestly think that park passes are unfair.

As the saying goes, "You can please some people some of the time, but never all of the pople all of the time."

This is less about pleasing people and more about mountain saftey.

I really really dislike the influx of new members to this site.

Me to.

There's never going to be a perfect solution. Steps, moats, trenches, park passes, snipers, attack dogs, whatever ... each mountain is going to do what they feel is best for their particular situation. Park's at local mountains have come so far in such a short time. I remember when I was younger (I am only 27 now) that if you tried to creat a jump of some sort, ski patrol was there flattening it before you could even hit it.

Can I volenteer for the sniping post? please.

This would imply that you presented a cohesive argument for any of your points. So far all I've heard you say has been something to the tune of "lol you guys are dumb crybabies who only care about yourselves who cares if there are people making the mountain unsafe they paid for a lift ticket just like you did!"

kind of sounds like arguing poltitics on a skiing site doens't it?

Well at the top of the steps should be a sign that says "Terrain Park - free style terrain. Freestyle users only" Or something like that. Then there is no possible way to avoid the sign, and when people are like WHAT THE FUCK ARE THE STAIRS FOR - you can answer - so that you don't come in.

or there should just be a sign "park pass required" and don't issue the park passes. then people will be confused and go away.

I didn't go in the park tonight since I wasn't feeling like hitting anything big, but I saw the destruction on those stairs and can only use one word to accurately describe it: clusterfuck. I'm not going to go into the details because about 30 of you already did. But, a sign isn't gonna do anything because people just don't care. There is also already a sign on the entrance that says something like "Stop: Read This".

A fenced maze before the stairs might be an interesting idea to make people take their skis off...I think fewer people would enter. And of course, I think the park pass is a good idea. No money, just a safety video or something to deter people who do not truly want to be in the park from entering. I don't really plan on going in much if it's crowded (and i'm usually there when it is), but I'd probably sit through a 10 minute video to get it out of the way so that I could go in when I felt like it.

Responding to sexkitten because she put together a coherent post, and I think it's worth responding to, as she will actually listen. I ride everywhere on the mountain sk, and true there are people everywhere that shouldn't be riding what they are. For the most part these people can be managed with a variety of techniques, and using the full width of the course and a set of skills it's not difficult to get down most trails without fear of other people. The park is a totally different story, especially when it comes to blind landings. The stakes ARE higher, and more importantly the frequency of GROSSLY dangerous situations in the park is far greater than outside the park. Watching someone sitting on the backside of a jump is watching a train wreck waiting to happen. An out of control skier on a black, will usually manage their way to the bottom or eject after hitting a bump. Sure there are the freak accidents, but the park problems are more than freak accidents. It's kind of like the difference between running into a deer while driving through the woods (freak accident) and parking a car in the middle of a busy interstate (supreme negligence).

If don't have any problem with people going through parks to watch. Just please stay WELL out of the way, and have an idea where out of the way is.

It kills me that so many people keep saying it's about safety. It's about the fact that you guys want the park to yourself. There are not that many people on Sidewinder and there are a lot more people bitching about the fact they have to go up those stairs. Management will listen to them also. You are not "entitled" to be the only people in the park.

:ph34r:

It kills me that so many people keep saying it's about safety. It's about the fact that you guys want the park to yourself. There are not that many people on Sidewinder and there are a lot more people bitching about the fact they have to go up those stairs. Management will listen to them also. You are not "entitled" to be the only people in the park.

Who doesn't want an empty trail to themselves?

I'm obviously not a park rat, but I do see where they are coming from. I've been hit in the park by an out of control beginner who hit a jump way too fast, and I was standing on the side of the trail, well below the jump. Riding the lift I see so many people stopping on the landings and all it would take was Toast hitting the jump and making them into a bolagna sandwich. Someone sitting on the landing of a jump that you can't see below is just as dangorous as someone sitting below the breakover on Falls. I come hauling ass into falls most time, and I've had some close encounters because idiots stop just below. The thing is though, I'm on the ground when I finally see them, while park rats are in the air. It is dangorous in there. Look at that beginner who broke his neck last weekend.

Then take your skis off and walk up. Question? If it was park pass only, would you take the time to get one?

OK... don't laugh... I have a hard time carrying my skis and poles up the steps. I wear mittens and have small hands. It can't be helped. If there was a park pass I would have one even though I only occasionally go thru the park and hardly ever hit the features.

Responding to sexkitten because she put together a coherent post, and I think it's worth responding to, as she will actually listen. I ride everywhere on the mountain sk, and true there are people everywhere that shouldn't be riding what they are. For the most part these people can be managed with a variety of techniques, and using the full width of the course and a set of skills it's not difficult to get down most trails without fear of other people. The park is a totally different story, especially when it comes to blind landings. The stakes ARE higher, and more importantly the frequency of GROSSLY dangerous situations in the park is far greater than outside the park. Watching someone sitting on the backside of a jump is watching a train wreck waiting to happen. An out of control skier on a black, will usually manage their way to the bottom or eject after hitting a bump. Sure there are the freak accidents, but the park problems are more than freak accidents. It's kind of like the difference between running into a deer while driving through the woods (freak accident) and parking a car in the middle of a busy interstate (supreme negligence).

If don't have any problem with people going through parks to watch. Just please stay WELL out of the way, and have an idea where out of the way is.

Thank you. Even though I don't necessarily agree with everything I can definitely see your point.

I kinda feel the same way sometimes. Then again... if I could somehow keep idiots off of my favorite trail I would probably be all for it.

Hey Teacher! Leave them kids alone!

Its not about entitlement.

It is all about safety, primarily the jumps. Next time you are out, buddy up with some of the talented park rats who are waiting to drop in. Ask them if they want some help in spotting/holding the jump. Learn the X and O sign at the knuckle and you will quickly find out how hard it is to give an all clear sign or how hard it is to prevent "cut offs".

Your comment is clearly from someone who has not spent any time in the park.

OK... don't laugh... I have a hard time carrying my skis and poles up the steps. I wear mittens and have small hands. It can't be helped.

your a girl!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought you smarter than that. I would be happy to help carry a girl's skis. What is it, the Bob factor? Have him carry them. Sheeeeesh

Conclusion: Stairs are better than nothing. A lot of super lame people still try to climb them. Blue could have implemented something better. Noobs still crowd the park and make it dangerous for themselves AND people hitting features.

To be honest...I do think it keeps a fair amount of people out of the park(however not enough). I have had imperfect landings on some ice and almost slid into some dude sitting on the landing. I didn't hit him but if I did I'm not sure I would care or apologize.

If a jump has 30 feet or more of "flat" between the lip/takeoff and the "knuckle" of the landing,

I have to build a significant amount of speed to be able to clear it.

If I don't clear the 30+ feet of flat,

I will land on the flat and the impact can be like jumping off the top a garage or a 2nd story window onto concrete depending on how the jump is designed.

If I am building speed and some unaware person blocks my path,

I have to scrub off speed to avoid them which potentially causes me to land in the flat.

The worse case is when someone is just sitting out of sight on the landing.

I realized there was a small child just sitting on the landing as I was leaving the takeoff once at Killington.

I was airborne and could not avoid landing on the child.

I know if I landed the way I was supposed to,

I would have crushed the child with my snowboard's bottom/edge and I did not want to seriously hurt the child.

So, I pushed my legs straight out in front of me and raised my board as high as I could so that I would land on my butt and back.

I tried to turn my body away from the child as well move as much of my weight from the kid as I landed on top of him.

Well, that made the impact even worse for me because all my weight came slamming down on one side of my hip/butt when I hit the ice.

My back just grazed the child when I landed and none of my weight landed on him.

But,

I was seriously hurt and I couldn't stop moaning and making a spectacle of myself.

Those parents came over and picked the kid up from right next to me and didn't even say a word while I was laying there moaning.

I should have gotten an ambulance but I just laid there for 30min+ until my friends helped me off the mountain.

I had swelling and the pain persisted after the swelling subsided which was almost 2 months later.

I don't know why I never saw a Dr.

The bottom line is this:

people that can't hit and leave obstacles in the terrain park properly and quickly are dangerous to themselves and others.

First of all,

Parents need to be responsible for their children.

Secondly,

Management needs to find a solution to this hazard or people are going to continue to suffer needless injuries.

1st Grade School Teacher-

Imagine if that child was one of your students and you were responsible for him at the mountain.

How would you have handled that situation?

What would you propose to avoid that situation and my injury in the future?

Unfortunately,

Your post illuminates the fact that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Edited by TT C6

its good idea, but it simply doesnt cut down the amount of people still rolling through the park to the numbers we want. The park pass idea sounds pretty good, but i dont think you should have to pay, i mean christ the lift ticket, and season pass prices are enough without the cost of those yet. I guess we just have to see how they continue to deal with the problems these people cause.

how does it kill you that we say its about safety? just this weekend, i was helping out some kids work on learning some new stuff. one of the kids finally worked himself up to trying a 5. he spun the 5 but landed nose heavy and double ejected. he got up from the fall no problem, but as soon as he was on his feet, a snowboarder hit the jump and fell, tumbled into him and took him down, and hit him in the face with his board's edge. the kid was bleeding profusely all over the place. the snowboarder got up and rode away without even checking to see if the kid was alright. sure, it would be nice to have the park empty for me and my friends to ride, but if the story i just typed doesnt sound like a safety issue to you, then you're probably retarded. stuff like that happens up there every day. the same day, i almost hit two kids from the race team because their coach decided it was a good idea to practice turns on the landing of a jump, after they already closed off razors for practice. the ignorance of people up there is just mind boggling.